It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"No one wants to live in a country where the government skims 20% off the top" Obama speaking to G

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   

"No one wants to live in a country where the government skims 20% off the top" Obama speaking to Ghana parliment this morning.

www.washingtonpost.com

No business wants to invest in a place where the government skims 20 percent off the top, or the head of the port authority is corrupt. No person wants to live in a society where the rule of law gives way to the rule of brutality and bribery. That is not democracy, that is tyranny, and now is the time for it to end.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Well if that is what he is preaching in Ghana, how come that doesn't apply in the U.S.? We are driving our national businesses to outsource jobs to third world countries because we have the largest "skimming" percentage in the world. Seems to me like this president is more interested in using his term to campaign for the leadership position of th NWO instead of trying to further the interests of his constituents. This president should lead by example and put down his smokes before he asks the people who protect our country and families first. The hypocrisy should not be tolerated. Pay to play definitely rings a bell.

www.washingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Weird. I think we get taxed more than that here in America. I wish he would do something about that.

Oh yeah...he's not Ron Paul...

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Yeah, my taxes are 25% off-the-top.

Thank you Obama! Did he just lower our taxes? /sarcasm

Chrono

[edit on 11-7-2009 by Chronogoblin]

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
That is a beautiful example of how statistics work. I pay 36% in federal tax. Lay on that state, property, sales, misc. taxes on things like your phone bill and it gets close to 50%.

Here is the rub. When you take all Americans, 50% of which pay no federal income tax and divide the number of tax revenue against the number of people, it falls well below 20%. It is a beautiful thing you are able to do when the top 15% of wage earners pay roughly 70% of federal taxes.

Clearly the goal here now is to create the maximum number of people who are totally dependant on the government. That creates a massive and inflexible voting block, ensuring on-going power to the statists.

Problem with that is that the rich will simply cease to work, cap the amount they will work, move their money off-shore or into tax-free instruments or find other ways to hide income, like taking a smaller amount of income in cash and more in stock and options which generate no income tax until exercised (but are still something that can be used as leverage to borrow against) and other forms of compensation.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by dolphinfan
Clearly the goal here now is to create the maximum number of people who are totally dependant on the government. That creates a massive and inflexible voting block, ensuring on-going power to the statistics.

I am pretty sure this form of "change" was actually inspired by the weather underground. Putting so many people on the welfare system, only to have it collapse. Only the goal of weather underground was anarchy. It seems this governments goal is total control of the masses. The most annoying thing is how our president's ideals and policies seem to only matter when he wants them to. There was no condemning China when they were bashing there citizens and he chose to stand against the people of Honduras who are screaming for their own independence.

new topics

top topics

join