It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crop circle threads have ATS in an uproar!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Crop circle discussions have hit an ATS "soft-spot".

I can not for the life of me figure out why crop circles have suddenly hit a nerve with ATS members.

There are numerous threads on this site that discuss the SAME issues, issues from 20 years ago or more, beat topics to death (9/11 anyone?), and yet that is all somehow acceptable. Further, the outrageousness of some threads is just plain crazy (alien communities living within the core of the Earth).

Some ATS members find the discussion of crop circles interesting. While others, as noted in their various posts, do not.

What I don't understand is why, with crop circles, manners and general decorum suddenly go out the window.

You don't have to be a crop circle believer to participate in crop circle threads. But the constant posts such as "you guys are stupid", "stop posting about crop circles", etc. offer nothing to the discussion whatsoever.

If you have no interest in crop circles, THEN GO TO ANOTHER THREAD!

Lastly, I certainly don't go to other poeple's threads and insult them, call them names, and tell them that their threads have no worth and should be closed and removed immediately. It's called respect. Pure and simple.

There are no requirements on this site that force members to open and read every thread. In fact, one of the things I like about it is that you can scroll through headlines quickly and only engage in those discussions that one finds of interest.

Can we please stop all of the flaming crop circle comments, please? If you don't have anything constructive to add to a discussion, then simply move on.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I agree! If you dont like a topic dont even bother reading it. I personally love the crop circle threads. I am very interested in their origins and it does seem some people go a little far with their anger on those threads.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I agree, I have no interest in crop circles, so I don't bother posting in those threads. I don't post in any thread that I don't find interesting.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Then why hide such a thread under the heading 'Largest Sunspot EVER found etc'
That has nothing to do with CC's, and its not even correct. Until that title is changed or the thread is moved people have a right to complain about that thread inparticular.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

I myself think that crop circles are created by people (artists in general). They secretly revel in the attention and knowing many people think it was aliens or ghosts that created them.

I do not see the need for name calling as people can believe what they want. While I do think the designs are very interesting, I do think the artists should consider the farmers may be losing money on destroyed fields.

I usually do not comment on crop circle threads as my saying they are man made will get me flamed as a disinfo agent or other attack. It goes both ways in the politeness scale.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

It's pretty much like that with any discussion really. We have a whole bunch of different types of posters on this site that visit these threads. Who have the ones who have the different point of views/theories but they can have an adult discussion about without it nearly going out of hand because even though their have different theories, they still learn from each other. Then you have the ones with opposing views from all over the place that think their theory or opinion is the law of the land and nothing is going to change that no matter what and it ignites a chain of name callings and useless/senseless bickering that ends up going off topic. Then you have the ones who want to learn about the subject, but it's hard for them to follow a conversation and learn anything when all of this bickering is going on.

Then you have the ones, that just go into different threads just to be stupid on purpose, knowing they are making things worse. You hear a lot of "well you are a stupid snip and need to do your snip research because you no snippin clue as to what your snippen talking about you snipping snipper snipper!" That is is just the PG verson of it and I am glad that this site has rules on decorum because this site would be a trash pit like many other forums. I was very surprised to find out that crop circle threads get as heated as the popular ones like religion, gay topic threads, 9/11, etc.

top topics

join