It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blu Ray Newbie

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I bought a Sony Blu Ray BDP-BX2 player today (apparently a SAMS/COSTCO exclusive that is equivilent to the BDP-S360). Anyhow, I am wanting to REALLY justify this purchase to my wife. SO, my question is: what is the best Blu Ray disc to rent/buy that will blow our minds when it come to comparison vs. contrast of DVD vs. Blu Ray? I did a google search and 2 that were repeated over and over were I-Robot and Blade Runner. I can see I-Robot, as it is a recent film...BUT Blade Runner
How so? that flippin' thing is almost 30 years old.

What are you peeps recommendations?

MODS: If this is in the wrong place...but this IS Technology...at least to me it is

Thanks in advance fro any suggestions.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
These topped my listed of must ave Blu rays.

Matrix Trilogy
Transformers
The Dark Knight
Any Pixar Movie

Hope this helps you out. LOL

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by conofhumans

Thank you for your input. Pixar was mentally at the top of my list...BUT, she's a Matrix fanatic, like me LOL. Star for you for taking the time to answer my Q!

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by conofhumans
Any Pixar Movie

Agreed. Wall-E looks incredible on Blu Ray.

As far as Blade Runner, I believe they recently did a remastering of it. I haven't watched it in Blu Ray yet but it's in my Netflix queue

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Anjin

Thank You! They just moved my thread to BTS...apparently we can't give stars & flags under BTS threads (What gives w/that)...just know that I am mentally giving you a star

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Why do you have to justify it?

I love it when my significant other brings home surprises.

Just this week he brought home a bicycle for me and a Wii for us.

Just tell her you bought it so she could enjoy television more. Then cook supper and wash the dishes and nuzzle her neck.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

Touche! Yeah, Im busted...No need to justify...just a man acting manly....like my sweetie would give me a hard time for enhancing OUR entertainment center. Oh, I am in the midst of cooking just THAT meal...because that's the way I am...not to buy forgiveness!

[edit on 10-7-2009 by Aggie Man]

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Well it is kinda all for naught if you don't have a high def TV. Assuming you do, any of the above suggestions are great. Also don't forget to update it now and then so you can continue to play the latest content.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
man Bladerunner is AMAZING on bluray, looks fresh as a daisy, like it was made yesterday

was lucky enough to see it on the big screen last year or year before, but trust me, on a nice 50inch 1080p its incredible, just make sure you have your tv set up right

new topics

top topics

join