It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SpaceNight Earthviews - Chill out in Space - VideoSeries

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
There was a very cool late night programm called "space nights" in germany more than ten years ago. i simply loved it. Recently i found it back and wanted to share it with you.

Here some additional info:

Space Night (Full title: space night - All day night in the Bavarian Television) is the name of a television program broadcast on Bavarian Radio. It is a mix of chill-out music and video recordings of the Earth from space.
Space Night started at the BR on 1 June 1994 as a replacement for the test images, which until then in the night were shown. The idea arose because the German satellite ASTRO-SPAS hours of recordings made in space. The Bayerischer Rundfunk got these recordings, cut these sequences together and presented them with spherical music.
Since you didn't want to send the same pictures 7 days a week, they asked NASA, ESA and the German Centre for "Luft-und Raumfahrt". These were hours-long recordings of sequences in and around the space, which then were adopted.
Space Night was rapidly becoming the "cult" to raves in the mid 90, it was not uncommon that on TV screens the images of Space Night were shown. After the raves, the Space Night was used as Chill-Out in the early morning, since from 1996 the sound of Space Night was under the musical guidance of Alex Azary, a European Chill-Out DJ. He led the club XS in Frankfurt, where from 1990 Chill-Out Nights began, with music were spherical. They ran the pictures of Space Night, but play a little less quickly. These images fit well with the new music style, and Alex Azary felt he needed this to show people at the BR. There was a meeting in Munich, where he was able to convince them to try something new venture.
The music pieces are also available as separate CDs, the mix from the album Space Night II is made by Electrolux. Meanwhile there are 12-CD albums with music for the broadcast series, with three albums which other musical styles differ significantly. At Space Night Vol. 1 is an album of pop music, at Space Night Vol. 10 one with jazz music and Space Night Vol. 12 is a double CD with classical music. It is also available as DVD titled "The Best of Earth Views."

Source: Wiki.de

IMDB Link

sample videos:

Perry Rhodan Special:

SpaceNight Earthviews 4 + 5 + 9

SpaceNight Earthviews 7

SpaceNight Earthviews special 1998

Hope you enjoy it. have fun

[edit on 10-7-2009 by LaMano]

[edit on 10-7-2009 by LaMano]

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Magical!

Thank you

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 04:50 AM
link   
yeah, recently i watch it again to fall into sleep. it always works fine for me

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I sat up for many hours watcing this , there was also dance night on the vox channel (around the world,around the world)DP.

the things you watch when you have a old sky box and no subscription , I am now fluent in german lol.

anyway I have a question , I heard a song on spacenight which I dont know the name of (I'll hum it for you), I know it was classical music and sounded russian with a sad begining and uplifting end , I heard it in a tv commercial years ago but cant remember which one, I searched through Tchaicovsky's work but cant pinpoint the piece in spacenight.

Please , Please help. Danker

top topics

join