It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

25 Year Smoker Ready To Quit! Support thread!

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by DirtyPete

I meant to say I'm almost 25..But my keyboard made it so that my fingers can't type..That's my story and I'm sticking to it. For the most part my parents didn't know. I wish they had caught me..Might have given it up sooner.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
It has been a month a half for me now. I smoked over 20 years.

Make sure you have some altoid mints. THe ones with chocolate dipped are even better. Something about peppermint oil that helps the cravings!

Now I am addicted to those darn mints! No joke. I go through a can in three days.LOL

Ama

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Greenize

Dude. That is a bummer. I've been eating celery and carrots whenever I get the urge. Start the damn thing when you wake up tommorow. Flush what you have left before you go to sleep.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by sligtlyskeptical

Good luck! I will check in whenver possible, we may all need to give each other pep talks! I am determined to do this and right now I have this inner struggle going on...but I WILL win!!!

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Good idea!!! I want to do this and I am going to take your advice!!! Thank you for making me feel guilty
It worked!!!

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Great job! How long has it been?

Gawd I hated those first few hours and even the first few days. I chewed all the wooden legs off the chairs.

You guys CAN do this!!!

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   
mmmmmm, cigarettes. theyre so good. quitting is for quitters. my suggestion is that you keep smoking. its so enjoyable. have one now.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by wyleecoyote

I chewed cinnamon sticks into mush wyleecoyote.

I agree with some of the others, "It is like loosing a close friend."
The third day of not smoking was the hardest for me. It was getting
to me and I don't get depressed!
That made me MAD,,,, Dammit I'm NOT GOING TO LET STINK'IN CANCER STICKS CONTROL MY LIFE!
I just keep saying NO!!!! I'm determined,,,,,,They WILL NOT WIN!

On July 19th it'll be two months without a cigarette! I don't miss my friend so much now. You never were that good of a friend ANYWAYS! YOU COST ME LOTS OF MONEY. YOU MADE ME SMELL ALL THE TIME, LIKE A CHIMNEY STACK! I WASTED SO MUCH TIME WITH YOU! I CONSTANTLY WAS WIPING YOUR YELLOW SLUDGE OFF MY COMPUTER SCREEN!

GOOD BYE LOOSER. YOU BELONG IN THE SEPTIC
YOU STINKIN %@srd!

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   
It will be four months for me on Sunday!!!!

Can't believe I have made it this far. I smoked for 35 years.

Hardest part I've had so far is finding new ways to finish things. Think about it. Finish sleeping - smoke, finish eating - smoke. finish working, smoke. finish pounding a nail - smoke!

Once I figured that out it got much easier!

Anyway, good luck to us all!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   
dont know if this had already been posted but Obama it seems is gonna begin to ILeagalize the flavored cigs I/E menthols lights and what not so i say if you havnt already stopped cuz like i said i have only seen that this thread has gotten bigger and bigger to keep smoking you might as well if what im thinking is going to happen is going to happen cuz thyre already going to start making it illegal for soliders to smoke all together! soooo yea and smokings bad anyways....you have a brain....quite or dont but its sounding like its gonna be sonner than later........

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Montana
It will be four months for me on Sunday!!!!

Can't believe I have made it this far. I smoked for 35 years.

Hardest part I've had so far is finding new ways to finish things. Think about it. Finish sleeping - smoke, finish eating - smoke. finish working, smoke. finish pounding a nail - smoke!

Once I figured that out it got much easier!

Anyway, good luck to us all!!!!!!

I agree with what you said. It has been my reward system for the last almost 40 years and I found I couldn't get myself to take a break at work because I didn't have that reason - to go smoke. That's ridiculous, of course, but there is that whole restructuring of behavior and thought to be dealt with, and that's been my downfall so far.

Congratulations to you on 4 months! To me that is AMAZING!

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 05:37 AM
link   
I really hope this thread is alive and active.
I have been smoking for 5 years now and really want to quit.
I think im gonna try to quit now.

Can all of you who are currently quitting u2u me so we can tell how things go and support each other?

Awaiting u2u's

-Zyk

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
amatrine, projectvxn, MountainStar, Montana Congratulations all of you! I know how hard it is. I have nothing to say to Wylee (sis) since she chewed the legs off of our chairs as well lol.

I stopped in to see how it's going with everyone who quit yesterday. How are all you guys doing???

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Don't hide away in U2U's unless you have personal reasons for doing so, it is best to hear each others stories together and what tricks you use to stop the cravings.

Well a little update on my own story, incase you missed my post it is here www.abovetopsecret.com...

It is now 11 pm GMT Saturday 11th July, I had my last cig 3 am Friday 10th so I haven't smoked all day Friday and all day Saturday.
I am only finding it hard to stop the urge to spark up when I am bored, I usually smoke when I get a bit bored and irritable, but so far I have been strong.

I personally have also taken a little more of a leap into health by improving my food too, I have eaten nothing but veg and fruit and drinking fresh orange juice and water at all other times, my only treat has been apple pie as a sweet and to help the awkward craving moment I either nibble a banana or eat aniseed imperials (aniseed candy).

So all in all I am being quite strict on myself, a few things I know I have to look forward to are coughing up mucus and sometimes I get a slight soreness in my mouth when I quit.
I am a little overweight so I am hoping that as long as I am eating healthy and stopped smoking I can start to look a little healthier too.
I already do plenty of walking but I intend to do more.

I won't count my chickens before they hatch but I keep reminding myself that I am already drug free, alcohol free and with the smoke free and junk food free it can only lead to a much better way of life.

Good luck to all others giving it a go and if you aren't then please do give it a go, I feel much better already and it will only get better.
If I can do it you can, there is no right or wrong time, just stop and find other things to do that distract the urge to spark up.
You have to go through a rough patch but it will pass I promise, as soon as you even take one puff of a cig you are back to square one so don't give in.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by keepithush

Thanks for the update. Good to hear your doing so well. Keep up the good work, you know we're all pulling for you.

DONT GIVE IN!!! YOU CAN DO THIS!

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
Another member here led me to this product:

epuffer.com...

What's in those things? Are they really safe? I looked on their website but all I could see is what is NOT in them. Have you any research you could forward? I know, I know... lots of questions but this looks like it could work for me at least to get off of the nicotine and other chemicals. I guess you would eventually still have to ween yourself off of the "habit" but I figure take it in steps?

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Hey guys glad to see things are coming along.
Well I havent had time to check in (been doing a bit of spring cleaning
) plus hubby is hogging the computer

Well just checking in to see how others are doing. I am feeling fine at the moment, mind you it wasnt really worth me smoking anyways

Great work Greenize!

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by wyleecoyote

Great job! How long has it been?

Gawd I hated those first few hours and even the first few days. I chewed all the wooden legs off the chairs.

You guys CAN do this!!!

24 hours at 6Pm central this evening.

It has been a slightly tough day, although I did keep myself busy to keep my thoughts off of cigs. I played golf for part of it which is a favorite place for smoking. Thank god the waits were few and far between or it would have been much tougher.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
The habit of smoking is the addicting part.

Nicotine isn't addicting.

check this out

For more do a google "Nicotine is not addicting".

You might even want to do further research to find out exactly what it is about the nicotine that makes you feel good.
Could it be the Niacin?
Are you really having a sort of "Niacin Flush"?

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I cheated!! This is wayyyyyyy harder than I thought it would be! I am going to put on a patch and hopefully this will help. I am so weak and I feel like a big disappointment...guilty, angry, sad...I will overcome!!!!

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join