It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blue moon over Iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 07:10 AM
link   
First we saw the SUN turn blue now its the MOONs turn...lol

A severe dust storm so large that it is visible from space is blowing across Iran. Government officials have closed schools, cancelled flights, and warned the elderly and children to stay indoors. The only good thing about the storm is that it is turning the Moon a pleasing shade of blue:

Amir H. Abolfath took the picture from Tehran on July 7th. "I thought blue moons were a myth," he says, "but there it was."

Yes, blue moons are real. They appear when the air is filled with fine particles of dust (or other aerosols) about 1 micron in diameter. This is just the right size to make dusty air act as a blue color filter. Because the dust storm is so large, blue moons could be a regular fixture in the Persian sky for some nights to come.

wha yall think?

Mod Edit: Removed all caps title.

[edit on 8-7-2009 by Gemwolf]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 07:14 AM
link   
I think that would be ftw if the moon turned into a nice calm shade of blue over the US. Very pretty indeed.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   
i see this in West Texas all the time. We get really, really bad dust storms in the spring. The sky turns red, and if it rains it will rain mud drops.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
lol.... the word "ONCE IN A BLUE MOON" makes sense now...

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Sounds like the coming of the Hopi indian prophecy. They talk about when the sun and moon turn blue we have a certain amount of time to make things "
right" again.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeTan
Sounds like the coming of the Hopi indian prophecy. They talk about when the sun and moon turn blue we have a certain amount of time to make things "
right" again.

or else????................

top topics

join