It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO July 7, 2009 Austintown Ohio

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Just found this on you tube: Make sure you look around the 50-55 second mark, I won't spoil it.

www.youtube.com...

Have a look at one of the comments from Shareinternational.

We believe you filmed the star of the century. On 12/12/08 Share International announced that a large, bright star would soon be seen worldwide. It is a sign heralding the imminent appearance of Maitreya, the World Teacher, on US television. The star is really one of four enormous spacecraft placed around the world. Sightings are increasingly being reported. If you see it please alert media so there can be an open debate about its meaning and purpose. See video on YouTube: The Star Sign.

I like the way the light just disapears, and added the link to the Maitreya video for your amusement and comment.

EDIT the you tube video was lenghtened, the original didn't have the small light passing by the big light, so I have embeded the newer version and included it my post, sorry for any confusion.

[edit on 7-7-2009 by kiwifoot]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by kiwifoot

It clearly shows that the filmer moves the camera down away from the light, clearly a star, im sorry hes moving the camera, and he obvioulsy moved the camera away from the star.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Didn't see the OP's video,it has now been removed by the user,anyone know the user's youtube ID?
just to edit ,it is now back on Youtube.

[edit on 7-7-2009 by smurfy]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

The user took it down but replaced it with this one ( I put it in the OP), I don't know if it's an edited version of the original, but at about 53 seconds there's another light that streaks by it, still quite interesting in spite of the other comments here.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by mtaftm

It clearly shows that the filmer moves the camera down away from the light, clearly a star, im sorry hes moving the camera, and he obvioulsy moved the camera away from the star.

I agree, until an extended verion of the original was uploaded, you can see something passing by it at about the 53 second mark, that's quite cool.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Thanks Kiwi,(see my ed,as you post)
I also agree at least one of the objects has motion at the 53 mark.
Re; Gods post,how did he make out this was a feller??

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
If you click on the youtube link ( becasue embedding is disabled) the light that goes shooting past is labeled a star (shooting star?). I don't know what else to say ...it is a light... no point of reference.. no other stars visible...no moon...nothing. The object wasn't moving wasn't pulsating.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Arrgh am being mucked around!

Sorry guys, go to you tube to view it.

I don't think shooting stars go up? Although it's just an assumption that the camera is being held the right way up, if you get my meaning.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Actually if she was shooting up at an angle it is quite possible that a shooting star would cross the sky like that.

[edit on 7-7-2009 by djvexd]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by djvexd

Yeah it'sa pity there are no city lights or anything as reference points like you say, only what she says when she looses it.

Is it quick enough to be a shooting star, it also looks too uniform?

I guess we'll never know.

I'll see if I can email the lady and get her to contribute.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Hi Kiwi,i've already seen the Youtube one, it could be either objects moving at the 53 mark or both for that matter,but I don't agree with mtaftm's idea,the camerawoman is following something that is fading in the distance.Much too smooth for a Zoomout.
You are right, it's not a shooting star,it would have a "tail" an artifact of most cameras limitations.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Last night, the ISS was very very visible. So, I have a feeling, that is what she filmed.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
Last night, the ISS was very very visible. So, I have a feeling, that is what she filmed.

Highly probable, what really got my eye to begin with was the reply by the Share International lot.

Then she uploaded the longer one with the small light passing by.

Just out of interest is it just atmospheric conditions that make the ISS more visible, or position of the sun/moon relative to it's orbit? Just out of pure ignorance!

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Just out of interest is it just atmospheric conditions that make the ISS more visible, or position of the sun/moon relative to it's orbit? Just out of pure ignorance!

Honestly, I can not answer that. I am just not knowledgeable enough. But there are many here who are and I'm sure will answer it...for us all

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
While looking for the answer myself, I spotted this link:

Want to know when a spacecraft will be flying over your city? Select your country to find out:
spaceflight.nasa.gov...

For those who may not know about it. I did not.

So with that, the ISS could be seen over her area:

ISS Mon Jul 06/01:31 AM < 1 11 10 above NW 11 above NNW
ISS Mon Jul 06/03:07 AM < 1 11 10 above NNW 11 above N
ISS Mon Jul 06/04:41 AM 5 35 10 above NW 10 above E
ISS Mon Jul 06/10:43 PM 6 74 10 above SW 10 above ENE

ISS over Youngstown OH - nearest city to Austintown

From her YT description:

At approx 10:45pm EST after I had just filmed the orb passing by some stars I sat back down and continued to skywatch

[edit on July 7th 2009 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   

It could be the ISS but at the moment it has a companion,a Russian supply vehicle which should have been just as visible,it depends on when the video was taken.The light comes from the Sun reflecting on the ISS,look up Spaceweather.com or NASA to see the visibility times.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Wow cool, thanks for that! I reckon that deserves a thread of it's own!

In fact anyone who likes to watch the skies needs that info!

Very interesting.

Thanks again.

kiwifoot

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo

Yes. The ISS made a magnitude -3.9 pass nearly over her head at the time she captured the video.

www.spaceweather.com...

Satellite Rise time Direction to look Transit time Max Elev. Mag.
ISS 10:42:43 pm WSW 10:45:09 73° -3.9 (very bright)

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by IAttackPeople

Hm, so we know the big light is the ISS, the small light is a shooting star(maybe) and the Share International guys are full of it.

Phew that's the last time I post a UFo story!

Actually I've learned a valuable lesson which is what it's all about I guess.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by kiwifoot
reply to post by IAttackPeople

Hm, so we know the big light is the ISS, the small light is a shooting star(maybe) and the Share International guys are full of it.

Phew that's the last time I post a UFo story!

Actually I've learned a valuable lesson which is what it's all about I guess.

Well, I think the lesson (for everyone) is to not just take someone's story and a video and leave it at that. Do some research and perform a process of elimnation of what the object could be. Go down a list (ISS, bird, balloon, bug, plane lights, etc etc).

And when you have removed all possibilities that have logically been researched - then, you truly have a UFO.

I think the mistake people make is to not go the extra mile and perform a series of tests and do some research

So, dont give up. This does not have to be your last time.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join