It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Battle against climate change is like fighting the Nazis': Is Al Gore serious?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Wow, this guy really needs some help.

Yep he really did say that "Battling climate change was like Fiighting the Nazis" according to a story in the Daily Mail.

Now in case any of you are worrying about the Mail overselling his comments have a look at this:

Smith School of Enterprise and Environment

Al Gore compared the battle against climate change with the struggle against the Nazis at the Times/Smith School World Forum. Smith School Director, Sir David King, accused politicians of failing to provide funds to back their climate change rhetoric.

Never heard of the Smith School? Nor me. It's a think tank styled 'hub' with the goals of dealing with 21st century problems like Climate Change and Environmental Issues.

www.smithschool.ox.ac.uk...

Now I know there is a thread going about Why are so many ATS'ers "Anti Environmenatlist"?
now this is why.

We have a politician (renowned for honesty those politicians, oh and being trustworthy and not having hidden agendas!), we have think tanks that promote this notion, a full on media blitz on climate change, and we have scientists flocking to disagree!

More than 700 scientists discredit manmade global warming fears

But noone is listenig!

We're not anti environmentalist, just anti bull-crap! we know a MSM blitz when we see one.

Show me a polluted river, deforrestation or an endagered species and you have my support. Don't tel me we are all going to have to pay carbon taxes and give the Elite more control of our lives, on the unproved theory that we are %100 responsible, prove it, then go ahead.

Until then will somebody find Gore another hobby please!

[edit on 7-7-2009 by kiwifoot]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by kiwifoot

He doesn't even believe this load of crap himself. These statements are only a tool to further his agenda, behind closed doors he laughs at all the suckers who actually think this is real.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I do actually agree with this statement. If we really want to sort out the environment we need to approach the problem with the same commitment , resources and energy that would be required in a war. thats the only way we will address the problem before its too late

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by kiwifoot

'Battle against climate change is like fighting the Nazis'

Does he mean battle against the bad weather and keep the good weather for ourselves? Or deplore the victims of bad weather but keep all the research about them?

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Just the same Al, so all we need to do to stop climate change is to let it win for 3 years and take over most of Europe then America can join the fight, wait till it attacks Russia and then open up 2 fronts in Europe. No global warming empire can win a war fighting on three fronts

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Already posted www.abovetopsecret.com...

but yes very rediculous

new topics

top topics

join