It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stupidest House Resolution Ever

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 07:14 AM
link   
That's what some are calling the House Resolution that Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee has authored. It's a congressional resolution honoring Michael Jackson .

Resolution here

The resolution is just a very long list of his accomplishments. The end of it is this -

Now, therefore, be it

Resolved, That the House of Representatives--

(1) recognizes Michael Jackson as a global humanitarian and a noted leader in the fight against worldwide hunger and medical crises; and

(2) celebrates Michael Jackson as an accomplished contributor to the worlds of arts and entertainment, scientific advances in the treatment of HIV/AIDS, and global food security.

Michael Jackson was a VERY talented person. But considering the unresolved pedophile issues surrounding him, I'm not sure if this is a good idea. Perhaps they should wait until the emotions die down and all the future pedophile plaintiffs get their day in court before they honor him in this way.

I FULLY support honoring Americans who have done great things and that other Americans can be proud of. But I think this is premature and that, at this time, our House of Representatives could be spending their time on other things that are more pressing for our country.

edited to add ... anyone know why this was referred to the Committee on Foreign Affairs ???

[edit on 7/7/2009 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 07:26 AM
link   
This is no surprise. They are all worthless anyways.

Ok.

So we have 2 wars going on (iraq/afghani) , iran is in a revolt, North Korea is setting off nukes, the economy is in the crapper, everything is getting poisoned, and ALL these goons can talk about is MJ?

These guys are too stupid to hang, we should just put them in a freakin mental institution. They aren't even capable of being tried. Straight jackets for everyone?

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I really Like his music and his social stance on numerous things, and my opinion (Being who I am) as he was found not guilty by a jury, is the allegations are just that...

But......

There is no arguing that our leaders need to be focused on more important things, like the ECONOMY!!!

Are they just plain stupid?

Semper

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

welcome to the political media circus

anything and everything is used to distract and divide the public's attention from serious issues. this is nothing new of course.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Glad to see they have nothing better to do on Capitol Hill....

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   
I just died a little inside.

This is embarrassing. Our government seems to be good at honoring celebrities and destroying our nation. So, at least they aren't failures at everything.

[edit on 7-7-2009 by Karlhungis]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Back before I was completely jaded to D.C. and filled with nothing less than absolute hatred for politicians I watched a lot of C-SPAN. 1 and 2. Woo-hoo.

When they arent walking around shaking each others hands and having private conversations or asleep in their chairs, assuming they bothered to show up, their time is spent passing these worthless "resolutions." They waste thousands of dollars in wasted time and manpower to pass resolutions like "recognizing the beautiful weather we are having" and "Steve's uncle Joe was a friendly guy."

Watch for a week and see if you dont want to nuke D.C.. When they arent being overtly evil they're just useless leeches.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis
I just died a little inside.

This is embarrassing. At least our government is good at honoring celebrities and destroying our nation. So, at least they aren't failures at everything.

So true. They are masters of the "Epic Fail".

And Semper, this has moved far beyond "Stupid", we are now officially in the Twilight Zone.

They are verifiably insane. We need to do an intervention, for their own mental health's sake!

Maybe we should get them on a ton of medications too. Like the stuff they give Schizophrenics.

Wait I take that back, I apologize to all Schizo's , I am sorry I compared you all with .Gov , I take it back. Schizo's are far less insane.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   

2) celebrates Michael Jackson as an accomplished contributor to the worlds of arts and entertainment, scientific advances in the treatment of HIV/AIDS, and global food security.

WHAT?? since when did MJ make any scientific advances in the treatment of AIDS / HIV, or global food security issues?
He may have made advances in changing ones skin colour from black to white but what food issues has he resolved?

I may have missed the newspaper report that stated that MJ had time to sort those other issues out between shopping and *apparently* fiddling witH kids.

[edit on 7/7/09 by DataWraith]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   

ya that is dumb, but look at this list of recently introduced bills ... you'd be surprised what some of them are...

Recently Introduced Bills

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
This woman got up in front of everyone at the Michael Jackson funeral today and, after mumbling a bunch of different things that were strung together, she announced that her resolution would be debated on the House floor.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
At least for a few minutes, they weren't spending more money we don't have.

Probably saved us another Trillion.

Thanks Michael.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Story Here

Nancy Pelosi finally did something right (sort of)

WASHINGTON -- House Speaker Nancy Pelosi says she sees no need for a House resolution in praise of Michael Jackson.

Pelosi, D-Calif., says Jackson was a great performer, but she thinks the resolution is unnecessary.

She said at a news conference Thursday that lawmakers could honor Jackson in speeches in the House. But she said a resolution would open up Jackson's life to "contrary views that are not necessary at this time. "

Looks like the reason Nancy Pelosi said that there wouldn't be a house resolution was because she didn't want any 'contrary views' expressed at this time.

Those 'contrary views' had better be loud pretty soon.
The TV news is reporting that people want to put Michael Jackson on a US Stamp.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
In a rare instance of consensus I must say I agree...

CHIMON, NA!!!

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I may have not died any inside, but I definitely threw up a little in my mouth.

We should ALL spend two weeks at our jobs talking about how important he was to the world. The world is such a better place now. Let's have a national day in his honor. I could use another paid holiday.

Boy, if it weren't for him, we would have seen widespread hunger, disease, war, poverty and terrorism. I'm so glad he saved us from all that.

YAY!!!!

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Story Here

Nancy Pelosi finally did something right (sort of)

WASHINGTON -- House Speaker Nancy Pelosi says she sees no need for a House resolution in praise of Michael Jackson.

Pelosi, D-Calif., says Jackson was a great performer, but she thinks the resolution is unnecessary.

Well, Pelosi finally did something that I agree with.

I watched a US Rep on TV who said that they could not even get heard on important issues, because the House is so backlogged with bills.

Want to celebrate MJ? Make him the poster boy for NAMBLA.

[edit on 9-7-2009 by jsobecky]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Al Sharpton wants to put him on a stamp.

He said that Elvis was put on a stamp and that Jackson deserves it also.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by dooper
At least for a few minutes, they weren't spending more money we don't have.

Probably saved us another Trillion.

They may have actually made money. Thanks to the death tax the government makes a buck whenever anyone dies. How about that. A financial interest in having Americans die. That's gotta be nothing but righteous and wholesome.

CX

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Reminds me a line in the video on YouTube "What are we?" by Ernest Cline....the one about the world being run by a bunch of monkies (humans)....

"The monkies make trophies, then they give them to each other...like they mean something."

CX.

[edit on 9/7/09 by CX]

top topics

join