It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mozart Effect

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Listening to Mozart but not any other music, may help your learning and memory abilities.

www.newscientist.com...

OK I'll have to listen to some Mozart
then maybe I'll learn something
testing this theory now.

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Even though they are interesting, those theories are cultural bunk.

Especially the ones about kids doing better on tests from listening to certain kinds of music.

It has much more to do with social patterns. Not soundwaves. Music can inspire someone to achieve something.....as a motivator, not a cause.

Studying hard and effectively will get you through a test, not listening to Mozart's Requiem.

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I had seen some of the stories saying that the research wasn't supported... but, y'know, listening to a bit of Mozart probably wouldn't hurt me. I do have my Itunes set up with different playlists depending on how I'm feeling on any one particular day.

(the Lord of the Rings soundtrack DOES get a lot of playtime on my Itunes these days. (Yes, Itunes -- not Ipod. I have a Nomad USB Mp3 player instead of an Ipod)

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Everyone likes to have an edge, if listening to music gives you even a little edge I'll take it.

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Star Eagle
Everyone likes to have an edge, if listening to music gives you even a little edge I'll take it.

It just depends on how the "edge" is defined. Is it because listening to a certain composistion or style relaxes you....so you can focus and concentrate more? Or another kind of music motivates you to try harder?

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Sounds interesting. I hear these days sleep and food is good. Water is also good for you. Mozart music not in particular but classical.

-Classical is cleary more professional-
-Zuzubar-

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zuzubar
-Classical is cleary more professional-
-Zuzubar-

What do you mean by professional?

I'm a professional musician.

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 02:00 PM
link   
A fews years ago, I used to listen to some Mozart when I sleept, because I have some insomnia and the music helped me to sleep, and my intellectual capacities was increased.

But it dont work only with Mozart. It work also with some others classical composers.

[Edited on 5-5-2004 by Nans DESMICHELS]

join