It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you ever though. 'This is it'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Has anything ever made you think about enacting any plans you have made, or even just step up your readyness.

The reason i ask is that recently with all the news about pandemics and financial crashes. I have found myself thinking more and more 'This could be it'. So far i have never actualy run for the hills but i have had a couple of flashes of impending doom.

So my question is, (insert any big end of the world scenario), do you think ok lets get ready just incase - or just ignore it as somethign else the media is over hyping.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by manta

Simple preparation is only good common sense in my opinion. It really requires only a little time, effort and money to be ready for any eventuallity.

I personally keep a kit ready at all times with the basics. Weapons, small amount of food, 1st aid kit, clean socks etc... All I do is check it from time to time and maybe do a small upgrade. I also rotate the ammon every year..

This takes all the guess work out of what may be or may not be happening in the world around me..

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Nope ... my attitude towards life in general hasn't changed one bit ... the world will continue to revolve.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 06:29 AM
link   
I've had doom nightmares when I was a child and later. I've feared an impending collapse of everything untill I came to a fine conclusion: * we all die *. Nobody cares that we die by thousands in our cars, in wars, out of starvasion. But somehow we fear an impending doom?

I've stopped fearing a long time ago. Fear or doom, fear or man, fear of god. Leave your fear (whatever it may be) and live your life a little. If soom happened - it probably wouldn't be worth surviging, sorry.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I look at the major events that have occurred over the last few years and I realize that although most of them haven't effected me directly,they are cause for concern. I see them as examples of what I need to prepare for.

Becoming less dependent on the infrastructure over time is my goal. Getting away from the urban areas and setting up a self sufficiency area seems to be the correct course of action. Being prepared for whatever events that my occur can be a difficult thing if tackled all at once.If you have a good set of survival gear in conjunction with a good set of survival skills your not going to be taken totally by surprise by any major events.
Staying informed of whats going on around you keeps you on your toes.

I can't think one event that has made me "step up" my efforts,because even the little events provide me with the same incentive to carry out the goal of self sufficiency. These are interesting time for sure.It's been time for a few years now to start living outside of the current "lifestyle" and commune with nature in an independent and A basic way.

I'm not looking for an indication of impending doom.

[edit on 26-6-2009 by The Utopian Penguin]

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by krzyspmac

I've stopped fearing a long time ago. Fear or doom, fear or man, fear of god. Leave your fear (whatever it may be) and live your life a little. If soom happened - it probably wouldn't be worth surviging, sorry.

Maybe my post came over as if i spent ever waking moment watching for 'it'. I didn't mean it like that at all. I'm not living in fear that tomorrow something will happen, just recently i have noticed that i have given it more thought.

On the point about not being worth surviving, i totaly disagree. Is it not a basic instinct to try and survive no matter what. Sure unless the Earth is about to be wiped out by a massive asteroid impact smashing us to dust, then ok i surrender. Anything short of that is ultimately survivable.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by mantaSure unless the Earth is about to be wiped out by a massive asteroid impact smashing us to dust, then ok i surrender.

I will return to this point shortly. In the meantime allow me to address your OP. It would be fair to say that in the last year or so I have become more aware of survival preparedness. It amounts to common sense. I cannot cite one (or several) incidents, but I am more of a mind that the individual should take affirmative action in ensuring their safety, security, and liberty. You can only do these things for yourself.

It is wise to make preparations for worst case scenarios. The smallest efforts will make a huge difference to your life; larger efforts impact immensely.

With regard to your asteroid, anyone with any type of survival instinct would take steps they deem appropriate in order to mitigate any impending obstacle, Extinction Level Event or otherwise. If you desire to survive you will take steps.

[edit on 28-6-2009 by Nirgal]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by manta
Has anything ever made you think about enacting any plans you have made, or even just step up your readyness.

The reason i ask is that recently with all the news about pandemics and financial crashes. I have found myself thinking more and more 'This could be it'. So far i have never actualy run for the hills but i have had a couple of flashes of impending doom.

So my question is, (insert any big end of the world scenario), do you think ok lets get ready just incase - or just ignore it as somethign else the media is over hyping.

if you're thinking about "should I get ready now"?--it's probably too late. Do some general preps now, don't wait. after the fact is too late. Why do you think you hear so much about doom and gloom in the media? They are only reporting a small part of the story. There is much more going on than meets the eye. get your act together now, you don't have a lot of time.

new topics

top topics

join