It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

B.C. Students Buy Sensitive U.S. Defence Data for $40 in Africa

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
The US government is soooo worried about security, how can they let something like this happen?

B.C. Students Buy Sensitive U.S. Defence Data for $40 in Africa

A hard drive containing information about multimillion-dollar U.S. defence contracts was obtained in Ghana by a group of Vancouver journalism students as they probed what happens to developed nations' discarded and donated electronics.

"It's pretty shocking," said Blake Sifton, one of three UBC graduate journalism students who purchased the device containing information related to contracts between the Pentagon, the Department of Homeland Security and military contractor Northrop Grumman. The hard drive cost the students just $40.

All the billions of dollars the US spends on all these security agencies to keep US secrets secret, you would think that something like this would never have happened!

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
and people still wonder why the two words "Government" and "Retards" go so well together

at least you and I know why

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Some things that are secret and found with ease were not very secret in the first place and wanted to be found.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by whoshotJR

I have to agree with the man on this one. Who gives a crap if they found some contract data. Cant be anything to useful. Even if they had plans for weapons and how to get around their defences, it still wouldnt matter that much, we ALWAYS have a back up plan. And if someone did find it, it wasnt that secret to being with.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Keyhole

This never happened before TRW was bought out by Northrop Grumman. The drives were degaussed, and then smashed in the parking lot. My dad worked at TRW, and even knew the guys whose job it was to take care of the drives.

Therefore, hearing this news is appalling. This should never have happened. Northrop has become a very incompetant company for letting this happen. The U.S. Government should be notified about it, and need to take control over the situation, because this is NOT acceptable! They have put the nation's lives at risk! The information on how to bypass the security of our nation is now out there for anyone to get ahold of, and that is extremely dangerous and wrong on so many levels!

This makes me so angry!

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
and people still wonder why the two words "Government" and "Retards" go so well together

at least you and I know why

You just hit the balls LOlz

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Contract data? Snooze worthy...

top topics

join