It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

dating-commitment=chaos

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
ever wonder why people break up so quickly when they seemed so right for each other? i think it's because one or both of them were not willing to commit and that shows that you didn't care as much as you thought you did. true love has commitment, not a temporary high. true love really does last when a commitment is made, even if it hurts one or both people in the process. and even if they get hurt, it just shows that they really did love each other. if you decide to date someone, you should first make a commitment to stay with that person. if they turn out to be unfaithful, that's a totally different story, but if you are simply mad at them, you should try to work things out. that being said, i'd like to hear everyone's comments on this.

[edit on 6/24/2009 by bobbyboy]

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Well I think there's a difference in "seeming" right for each other and "being" right for each other.

When someone is not willing to commit, is evident there are no real feelings. Just current infatuation or rose-colored glasses.
But, hey! -we all make mistakes sometime- and get confused about what's real and what's not, what are we truly feeling?. The important thing is always listening to the heart, it always knows best.

I've recently been reunited with the man I love. And when you know it's true - you just feel:"this is it"- "this is the person I want to spend the rest of my life with'. And commitment is just a natural step.

*Edited* for spelling-

[edit on 24/6/09 by plutoxgirl]

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
i don't know. i'm a christian, so i believe that listening to your heart is actually a very bad thing, seeing that everyone's heart is evil. and as for feelings, they can be deceiving. i believe you should listen to God for the correct way to approach things, and when He shows you who's right for you, you'll know it. it may be a feeling, it may just be that you somehow know it in your heart and mind. but either way, you'll know when it's right. and that is when commitment should be made. when you know the person, and trust them, and you know that what you say (for the most part) isn't going anywhere if you don't want it to. but i do agree with you on some points. there is that sense of knowing when it's not the truth - we can easily fool ourselves with infatuation. but also, commitment isn't just a natural step, it's moreless a purposeful choice. and one that we all should make at some point or another.

join