It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK expels two Iranian diplomats

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   

UK expels two Iranian diplomats

news.bbc.co.uk

The UK is to expel two Iranian diplomats in a tit-for-tat action after Tehran ordered two UK diplomats to leave the country.

Prime Minister Gordon Brown announced the move in the House of Commons.

He said it was in response to Iran ordering two UK diplomats to leave the country over allegations that were "absolutely without foundation".
(visit the link for the full news article)

Edit: typo in header

[edit on 23-6-2009 by mr-lizard]

[edit on 23/6/2009 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Not quite sure what to think here... In some ways i can understand it as Iran has just done the same to the Uk with the journalists, but in another way it seems we are resorting to Iranian tactics.

Surely dialogue would be better?

But alas, if Iran is making us seem like the bad guys then maybe they're better off out of the country.

I still feel for the people of Iran though.

Peace

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 23/6/2009 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Well this seems.. childish. Gordon Brown is quite possibly the biggest tosser on the planet. No-one likes you, no-one wants you, sod off

If Iran haven't got any issues surrounding the controversial election it makes you wonder why they suddenly start chucking out foreigners left, right and centre

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
This government gets more profligate by the day. Even so; I'm no fan of the Iranian establishment - anything that gets up their nose is alright by me. I just can't understand what Brown is playing at...

The FCO under Miliband has been shambles after shambles. I can't think of a nation that HASN'T levelled complaints directed personally at Miliband. Is his mission truly to piss off everyone on earth?

The guy is a creep and a total arsehead and completely unfit for the job; he heinously offended the Chinese, and didn't even know Mugabe had a knighthood.

CX

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
How childish can a government get?

I swear watching politics is like watching my two kids fighting some days!
"She took my make-up so i'm taking hers!"

Yet the PTB wonder why we have no respect for them.

CX.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by FMLuder

Not one of our 'politicians' deserves the right to be a representative of our country.

They are simply a product of different times, they don't understand the changing faces of the world, all our current ones want to do is bum Europe to death.

We need a referendum on the EU and Gordon Brown needs a fat slap and a one way ticket to Brussels where he can go and live under their laws, eat their crappy food, and pay for everything in Euros. Bell-end

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Pathetic. We are not at war, yet. They are diplomats, not spies, and as they can actually speak for the government of Iran it would be best to keep them here so we can actually have some meaningful political discourse, would it not?

Either way, I agree with this wholeheartedly:

Gordon Brown is quite possibly the biggest tosser on the planet. No-one likes you, no-one wants you, sod off

Succinctly put.

He does not speak for the British, at all.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Thanks for the replies folks.

I do agree that dialogue would have been a far more intelligent alternative, as his technique will surely just add more wood to the already burning fire.

Sad times we live in.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
ROFLMAO....

Well, I've got to hand it to Obama on this one. A first, the US isn't the whipping boy and the UK takes the role!

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
they should count themselves lucky the last lot from the Iranian hostage siege went home in body bags, courtesy of the long haired friends of Jesus

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ItsallCrazy
reply to post by FMLuder

Not one of our 'politicians' deserves the right to be a representative of our country.

They are simply a product of different times, they don't understand the changing faces of the world, all our current ones want to do is bum Europe to death.

We need a referendum on the EU and Gordon Brown needs a fat slap and a one way ticket to Brussels where he can go and live under their laws, eat their crappy food, and pay for everything in Euros. Bell-end

You're telling ME
I work for UKIP.

Quite right; the entirety of Westminster is a total sham at the moment. The only question is; are they incompetent and bungling, or competent and malevolent?

[edit on 23-6-2009 by FMLuder]

top topics

join