It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The son of the former shah of Iran called Monday for solidarity

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
If this doesn't raise eyebrows it is a braindead world.

CCN Link

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- The son of the former shah of Iran called Monday for solidarity against Iran's Islamic regime, warning that the democratic movement born out of the election crisis might not succeed without international support.

"The moment of truth has arrived," Reza Shah Pahlavi said at Washington's National Press Club. "The people of Iran need to know who stands with them."

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Thanks for that, my mother and step-father enjoyed reading this... made them happy and sad at teh same time!

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Gee whiz. I don't sense that this individual is taking advantage of the situation in order to retake the throne. I think he is sincere and very sensitive to the needs of his subjects.

In other words, what an opportunistic sleazeball.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Well, at least we know some more of the players that could POTENTIALLY come out on top of this if the movement is successful.
The least this guy probably wants is to return to Iran since he and his family were forced out of the country. Sure he may be an opportunist but it would be against his position to not at least take a stance on this.
Would you honestly prefer he endorse the Mullahs? It's pretty much expected that he say something about everything because he likely still has some supporters in Iran who need to hear from him on some scale.

top topics

join