It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ACORN Pulls a Dipsy-Doodle

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   
In the words of "The Church Lady" How convenient!!!!!

Association of Community Organizers for Reform Now (ACORN) leaders are using the threat of a law suit to silence and intimidate critics, according to current and former members of the liberal activist group. In a letter dated June 11 an attorney for ACORN advised top whistleblowers that their unauthorized use of the organization’s name could make them liable for monetary damages and injunctive relief.

ACORN executives have also changed their organization’s name, which was tarnished by investigations in at least 14 states of allegations of voter registration fraud during the 2008 presidential campaign, and charges by current and former members of financial mismanagement and misrepresentation.

Nothing like a little slight of hand to fool the naive. Especially because they are destined to receive countless $$$ from the stimulus bill and from the GIVE ACT.

The new name will let ACORN leaders continue their operations without worrying about prior bad publicity, according to Marcel Reid of ACORN 8, a group of present and former members. “We’ve known for many months now that the name ACORN is going to be retired,” Reid said. “The name has been so damaged to the point where the leadership knows it simply can’t go on as it has with the ACORN label out front and center, especially after all of the reporting.”

Reid also said ACORN is in the process of dismantling Citizen’s Consulting Inc. (CCI), a New-Orleans based non-profit, which has been used to maintain centralized financial control, ACORN 8 activists claim. Tax records show that CCI is interlinked with several ACORN affiliates.

Dale Rathke, the brother of ACORN founder Wade Rathke, embezzled almost $1 million from the organization in 1999 and 2000, while he was employed as the organization’s chief financial officer with the CCI affiliate. For almost a decade Wade Rathke and other staff members concealed the embezzlement from ACORN’s board of trustees, according to the criminal complaint ACORN 8 members filed against the organization.

These whizbangs are threatening the ACORN 8 because they are slowly blowing the lid off of the ACORN corruption. I'm sure none of this corruption was in place when Obama was hired by them
Obama loves him some ACORN. How can I forget that these idiots are charged with some of the leg work for the 2010 census. Way to look out for your cronies Barry!!

www.washingtonexaminer.com...

[edit on 22-6-2009 by jibeho]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 08:03 AM
link   
S&F for pointing out the continuing and point blank abuse of the Democratic tool ACORN.

ACORN 8 lol. Oooh what a big name change they sure fooled us!

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Wonder if this means Obama will throw some more taxpayer money on top of the $250 million he's already given them? Probably. With these new expenses they're gonna needs some more money to falsify the census for Barry.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by jjkenobi

ACORN 8, is a group of former ACORN people that were pretty high up that are coming out and exposing ACORN.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
The shell game that is being played with ACORN is really amazing. It reminds of when AMWAY created the Quixtar offshoot in order to take the focus away from Amway.

I certainly hope that this rebadging of ACORN will get the attention that it deserves. So far I have only heard it mentioned on Fox News and on a couple of web sites. They must be prevented from receiving a single penny more until they have been fully investigated.

If they knock on my door they will most assuredly be asked to move on.

For those not familiar, follow the link on the acorn 8

www.acorn-8.net...

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
A quote from (former?) ACORN lawyer Obama -

I’ve been fighting alongside ACORN on issues you care about my entire career. Even before I was an elected official, when I ran Project Vote voter registration drive in Illinois, ACORN was smack dab in the middle of it, and we appreciate your work.”

— Barack Obama, Speech to ACORN, November 2007

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Yup. Barry is as much of a fraud as ACORN is. Hopefully the American public sees this before it's too late.

top topics

join