It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

{DOR}Thick Skin

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 05:07 AM
link   
I told you we shouldn't have come here, I had a bad feeling!

It isn't helping us now, think of something that will!

I don't see what we can do, I cannot use my hands or legs, and you can't either.

There has to be something, try rocking your table Ricky!

It is barely moving Alicia, what am I trying to do?

Tip it over Rick, if we tip the table over we will fall into the floor, then maybe we can get loose!

Get loose? Then what? I don't even have any legs for christs sake!

Just do it Rick, tip it over, come on, rock the table!

Oh, that hurt! Ok, I am in the floor, now what Alicia, what is your plan?

I think we can move our feet Rick, just try moving them, like this...

I can't, nothing is happening. Wait, look, LOOK, I' doing it, I'm moving!

Ok, now just go towards the door as fast as you can, follow me.

Alicia, someone is coming.

Go Rick, around this corner, the door is right down here.

Someone should clean this floor, it's nasty!

Good to see you still have a sense of humor, I needed that! Oh thank God, it's open, lets get out of here!

Alicia, do you remember everything, what happened I mean? I don't. I don't even remember how we got here.

Ricky, I have to apologize to you, it's all my fault. I got you to come with me to this old sanitarium, remember? I was wanting to ghost hunt. I would have much rather run into some ghosts rather than old Dr. Thornton. Who knew? I mean how could I or anyone have known that he had returned here to continue his work?

Alicia what kind of doctor is Dr Thorton, given his work on us, I would say he is a bit of a madman!

Well Rick, you hit the nail on the head, without even meaning to. He was a Doctor here when the santitarium was open, him and his brother worked with the worst of the patients, you know, the ones that were dangerous. They got caught back in the 50's doing horrible experiements on patients, labotomy had nothing on these guys. But what the younger Thornton was really interested in was species. He wanted to cross breed species, in an attempt to monopolize the market in organ replacement, only he couldn't get a license to do these kinds of things to living or dead humans. But he was anyway. Turning men and women into half beings, they say that most of the patients he had done work on, they had to be eauthinized. Just like an animal. I heard they secretly did this, because if folks knew the truth they would have tried to save the poor guys. They were both arrested and convicted of their abominations, but the younger brother had escaped many many years ago, and I suppose you know now where he has been!

Well I am not going to blame you Alicia, how could you have known he was not only living and doing his old work, but living right here, in the old asylum!

I am so sorry Rick, all we can do now is be glad we have each other, and make the best of what lives we have left. I think we should get somewhere like down to the old lake, remember that Rick, that lake where we met?

How could I forget that Alicia, that was the most important day of my life! I suppose it is fitting, that we would wind up there, well, lets work our way down there.

Oh Rick, it could be worse, Dr. Thorton could have been turning us into a monkey, or a lemur, like some of the others, instead he picked an alligator, so, at least we have a chance to live a long long life.......

[edit on 21-6-2009 by space cadet]

[edit on 21-6-2009 by space cadet]

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Very cool! I enjoyed the ending very much! an aligator
well I guess the lovers are together forever...sigh I like aligators.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by alyosha1981

Thank you very much! I think I have incorrecty posted it though, mine can't be the only entry in the DOR short stories!

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Have I posted this incorrectly? I am not getting any responses, I do hope it is not because I suck at writing

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

Patience grass hopper. Most of the folks here don't even read the short stories... Most of the folks here are only here for what they are here for.. Some dig aliens, others dig cryptozology, and some dig the whole experience... Like me..

Anyways be patient. Time will deliver judgment.

I reserve mine because I too am entered into this contest. However I will say this much... If you want more folks to have an opportunity to read ..anything really link the ATS thread in question to your sig... that way people see it everytime you post.

Good luck.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I found that to be a spooky and quite entertaining story. I actually got spooked a bit when she was talking about the doctors and the things they were doing. I mean, Yikes!

I hope you do well in the contest my friend,

wupy

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Thanks MrWupy!

It a very short version of a longer one that I have been working on. Last contest I entered I typed for 3 hours, and when I went to send it, it erased it, so I was glad to have a smaller project,

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Come on people, give me some feedback and flags! I am rooting for all of us participating in this short story contest, but it is up to all of you to have a read, and vote!

top topics

join