It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Steve Jobs Had Liver Transplant

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Report: Steve Jobs Had Liver Transplant

www.foxnews.com

Steve Jobs, who has been on medical leave from Apple Inc. since January to treat an undisclosed medical condition, received a liver transplant in Tennessee about two months ago.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   
There may be no conspiracy here but the only reason I post this is that I wonder if he received special treatment since he is a extremely wealthy person? It seems commonly known that people are placed on these organ donor lists and often never get the organ they need. I believe you can be moved up on the list depending on the severity of your condition but I would assume anyone that has to go on that list thinks they deserve to be bumped up.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Yetichi

I am alll for moving some people up. Look at what this man has done for society. Should he really be behind some old drunk that drank away his liver and never really did a darn thing for anyone?

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by grapesofraft
reply to post by Yetichi

Look at what this man has done for society.

I have an empty sheet of paper that has done at least as much for society as Jobs ever has.

The funny thing is that I am against moving people up. Hell, I am against anyone over 40 getting any organ transplants. Available organs should only go to realtively young people, those without any history of self-destructive behavior, that still have something left to contribute to society.

Jon

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Voxel

Oh cmon. Steve Jobs is a leader he has created and/or ran companys that employee thousands of people and create products that most people love.

Steve Jobs probably does more by noon to change the world then you will do in your whole life.

[edit on 20-6-2009 by grapesofraft]

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by grapesofraft
reply to post by Voxel

Steve Jobs probably does more by noon to change the world then you will do in your whole life.

I do not see this illogical connection you make between "running a company" and "changing the world." He employs people but so do Exxon, Monsanto, and Haliburton and I don't see anyone praising their CEOs for what they have done for society.

If you want to look at the record, Bill Gates and Warren Buffet probably do more to help the world before they even wake up in the morning than Steve Jobs ever will in his entire existence.

I would like to point out that your obvious ad hominem attack against me should allow you to post to the thread, Why do some people get so mad when you disagree with their point of view?, with a fresh viewpoint and renewed clarity.

Jon

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Voxel

So stating a fact is a personal attack against you? My apologies.

I agree with your comment about Bill Gates and Warren Buffet, so they would have been before Steve Jobs on the list if they needed a liver.

Oh yeah by the way, I praise all the things that the all the corps you listed do. Did you ever try to start your car without gasoline or tried to earn more than 6% return on investment?

[edit on 20-6-2009 by grapesofraft]

top topics

join