It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Islam the world's most successful cult? and the tolerance dilemma

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I think you could almost put it in the same class as Scientology. A fascist, corporate religion invented by a madman so he could make a lot of money and gain power and fame.

~~~

Tolerating Islam or Scientology to a large degree can be a dilemma, because it infringes on the rights of women in the case of Islam and on free speech in the case of Scientology.

I think what we should do is tolerate the religions in themselves but not the acts that deny others' rights. For example do not allow Scientology to abuse their clients, I mean believers, and do not allow Islam to abuse women and practice brutal forms of law.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Yeah, What is the deal... I was just watching CNN and someone blew up a mosaleum?? What in the world do you suppose that is about?

I agree, they were talking of womens rights, etc. The women there seem to actually be making some headway in that area. I dont know if that was actually part of their religion, or was it simply their tradition. I am not too well versed on what they believe, maybe someone else can help enlighten us.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
It goes without saying any religion or some despots who say they are a follower of a a particular religion and abuse its power he/she gets has nothing to do with that particular religion. As far as i am aware all religion speaks of peace and humanity, any one in any religion abuses their religion is not acting according to their holy books, which therefor makes them nonbeliever in that particular religion, no matter what religion it is.

Tolerance biggest enemy is intolerance.

Best regards

Loke.:.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I did a ask.com search and I totally agree witht the results:
Islam is a cult!

Islam exhibits all the traits of a cult

Islam: Call it a cult and shut it down!

Cult of Islam

What is a cult? Islam

OP thanks for starting an interesting thread. The only thing i'd change is the tolorance part, but I guess with the way the world is we sort of have to. I really dont want to start any hatin with this post. I'm just relating my experience.
S & F

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Loke.

And we still let Christianity go on?
It is the biggest cult, or causes some of the biggest cults out there. Need I remind you of David Kuresh or the FLDS? And the list goes on. Follow my thread to learn more.

20 Reasons to Abandon Christianity

If you make fun of any religion that isn't in the big 5 it's ok, but if you make fun of Christianity, Judisim, Islam, etc, you are branded as evil, anti-semetic, intolerent.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Donnie Darko

No, it's definately Catholicism. Born and raised a Catholic, I was always in awe of the rituals, costumes and props, and the ornate churches. Then I realized their message was nothing more than fear mongering "Stay with us or else!" .... Passing around a collection basket just to fund the golden thrones the priests sit on....
I wonder what Jesus thinks of what they're doing in his name.....

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Abbby
reply to post by Donnie Darko

No, it's definately Catholicism. Born and raised a Catholic, I was always in awe of the rituals, costumes and props, and the ornate churches. Then I realized their message was nothing more than fear mongering "Stay with us or else!" .... Passing around a collection basket just to fund the golden thrones the priests sit on....
I wonder what Jesus thinks of what they're doing in his name.....

Hell as another ex-Catholic ... very true!

It's very ritualistic and voodooey!

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Islam is not a cult...wtf?

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
All religions should be rejected, not just Islam. They are all tools of the fascist to keep the people down and devided. Religion, no matter how good its intentions, will always be evil. Destroy it all!

new topics

top topics

join