It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Superwave Theory Predictions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   
so apparently we will see a wave of energy wash over our solar system at some point...

according to this guy, anyways:source of quotes

in his dissertation, LaViolette proposed that invading cosmic dust would have caused the Sun to become more luminous and engage in continual flaring activity. In chapter 4, he suggested that on one occasion the Earth and Moon may have been engulfed by a large prominence remnant "fireball" (coronal mass ejection) thrown out by the Sun during a period of particularly intense solar activity.

I predict,
, that the dust between the sun and earth durring that time would OBSCURE the light from the sun resulting in an ice age of sorts

Galactic Core Explosions - prevailing concept (1980): At the time of this prediction, astronomers believed that the cores of galaxies, including our own, become active ("explode") about every 10 to 100 million years and stay active for about a million years. Since our own Galactic core presently appears quiescent, they believed it would likely remain inactive for many tens of millions of years. Although, in 1977, astronomer Jan Oort cited evidence that our Galactic core has been active within the past 10,000 years.

mankind has been looking at the sky for the cosmic equivalent of a blink of an eye

Prediction No. 3 (1980 - 1983): LaViolette concluded that a volley of Galactic cosmic rays had bombarded the Earth and solar system toward the end of the last ice age (ca. 14,000 years BP). Also his findings suggested that other such superwaves had passed us at earlier times and were responsible for triggering the initiation and termination of the ice ages and mass extinctions. He was the first to suggest recurrent highly-frequent cosmic ray bombardment of the Earth.

the time in which the universe moves on is nearly unimaginable by human minds...

Verification (1987): Glaciologists discovered beryllium-10 isotope peaks in ice age polar ice. These indicated that the cosmic ray flux on the Earth became very high on several occasions during the last ice age, confirming Dr. LaViolette's theory that Galactic superwaves have repeatedly passed through our solar system in geologically recent times.

[edit on 20-6-2009 by drsmooth23]

[edit on 20-6-2009 by drsmooth23]

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   
it should be noted that while i have done subsequent searches for more information on the "Superwave Theory", I keep getting shot back to the same over-regurgitated webpages.

Is there anyone here who might be able to shed some light on the subject?

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 04:34 AM
link   
This might bear likeness to Hindu Cosmology dealing with galactic cycles or Yugas (epochs). There seems to be no shortage of material to read on that subject.

There have been recent astronomical observations of energy being ejected from the center of galaxies, albeit controversial.

...clusters resemble quasars which have been increasingly shown for the last 34 years to be similarly associated with active parent galaxies. It is argued here that, empirically, the quasars are ejected from active galaxies. They evolve to lower redshift with time, fragmenting at the end of their development into clusters of low luminosity galaxies.
Source- Dr. Halton Arp
Quasars have high redshift values by nature, not associated to distance, changing over time into lower redshift values and fragmenting into galactic clusters. Now that's something you don't hear about on the science channel.

I don't know how this fits in with the source you linked but it appears interesting.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I read LaViolette's The Talk of the Galaxy which posited the superwave theory. I found the book very odd. It begins with a close look at the physics of pulsars, and the author details a weird range of behaviours which indicate that pulsars are, in fact, artificial. He suggests an ingenious way in which they would be ideal for interstellar navigation, as each pulsar has an individual signature signal that would allow it to be used as a landmark. (Spacemark?) It's cool stuff, and the weight of evidence that pulsars are indeed artificial is staggering. It certainly disposes of the current model of a rotating neutron star. Just one example: some pulsars pulse in the millisecond range, and that means that the surface of the star would have to be rotating almost at light speed.

He also (I think) quotes Freeman Dyson as saying, if you want to look for evidence of ET civilisations, look for large-scale projects. Artificial radio emissions on this scale would surely qualify.

However, his evidence for the superwave theory seemed a good deal more sketchy. Unfortunately I no longer have the book, but I'd still recommend it for the pulsar stuff. From what I can remember, he seemed to think that the pattern of the pulsars in the night sky sends us a symbolic message which he interprets as a superwave warning. I found this part of the book unconvincing. The idea that such a huge galactic project would focus on Earth seems a little ludicrous, frankly.

Even so, the stuff on pulsars still makes it a worthwhile buy, if you can find it.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by rich23

Even so, the stuff on pulsars still makes it a worthwhile buy, if you can find it.

oh yeah pulsars have always tripped me out. The speed and frequency of their "signal" seemingly defies physics as we know it.

Most people focus on quasars because they sound a little cooler.

I have heard that at the center of the milky way, there is a bar of some tens of thousands of stars, orbiting a black hole. The gravitational effects of such a region MIGHT be able to produce velocities to require light year like travel, but just imagine for one millisecond about the possibility that Pulsars are just giant galactic Television transmission stations,

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 02:23 AM
link   
A pulsar rotating at over one million times per second does defy the laws of physics. Even if subatomic particles that are electrically neutral could be grouped together and somehow form a super dense star it still couldn't account for these high rotational speeds.

Pulsars act more like the oscillating frequencies of capacitors. Capacitor farads determine how fast an electrical charge can build up, microfarad (millionth/sec) to picofarad (trillionth/sec). No need for super dense stars which makes me wounder if neutron stars were an invention to explain pulsars' high rotation rates.

ADD: After rereading my reply I saw the need to clarify my point so as not to appear that I'm suggesting pulsars are artificial. I used the comparison of electric capacitors with pulsars to show that this is a predictable reaction that has been proven and does not violate any laws of physics unlike the theory for neutron stars.

[edit on 6/21/2009 by Devino]

top topics

join