It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Above Politics Show 68

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 03:51 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c355f193ccac.jpg[/atsimg]

Homer and Martin talk about elections in Iran and people on the streets protesting, not seen since the overthrow of the Shar in 1979. Why is President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad out of the country and who really runs Iran? Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, The Guardian Council or President Ahmadinejad. We stay in the region to discuss why all of a sudden Pakistan’s military is making such a song and dance about going after Taliban leader Baitullah Mehsud. Shouldn’t they have been hunting Taiban leaders since 9/11? And who put the pressure on Pakistan? We cross to the UK to highlight the upcoming election of a new Speaker of The House of Commons and that for the first time, this election is secret and what can the British people expect from the new speaker. A reforming speaker with a mandate from MPs? At last there will be an inquiry into Britain’s path to joining the US in Iraq. Can we expect revelations’? And we will learn what the Attorney General’s advice to Tony Blair and the cabinet was. Was going to war in Iraq legal? But guess what, Britain will have a new Government before the inquiry reports. Is this to protect Labour? Homer and Martin discuss why Iraq and not other countries for invasion. Just for Black Gold?

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I know there has been threads on Iran and its recent elections but I think Martin got it right by saying life is different in the West to Iran. We seem to want to judge everybody and every country on our standards but how many of us talk the time to think about how different life is around the world.

We should commend Iran as they have generally accepted free elections.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Interesting show . I know that Obama has coped some flak in some quarters for not taking a more active part in supporting the Iranian protesters . Well all those who have criticised Obama on this matter ignore the fact the US has an appalling(SP?) record when it comes to supporting uprisings that it has actively encouraged . Despite years of propaganda to the contrary the US failed to support the Cold War uprising in Hungry . Oh and in more recent times Bush senior shamefully did nothing to aid the uprising in Iraq before the first Gulf War that he had encouraged .

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by xpert11

Isn't it enough that BO (Not Body Odor either) is ruining this Nation? Why would anyone want him to go and ruin another?

He is concerned about the "Rights" of people in Iran and taking our right to "Free Enterprise" and destroying our motivations to succeed as we speak.

If I was Iranian, I would be far more afraid of BO.

Semper

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
Isn't it enough that BO (Not Body Odor either) is ruining this Nation? Why would anyone want him to go and ruin another?

Its funny not so long ago a lot of Bush opponents would have said the same thing about him .

He is concerned about the "Rights" of people in Iran and taking our right to "Free Enterprise" and destroying our motivations to succeed as we speak.

Admittedly at first I thought that this was nothing more then a partisan shot across the bows . After some thought I can see where your coming from because of the notion of preventive detention and the notion's about Veterans and pro lifers being potential terrorists.

If I was Iranian, I would be far more afraid of BO.

Now now your beginning to make Obamonation like a third world African country . Now I would really be worried if Obama starts to blame the US problems on colonisation .

[edit on 29-6-2009 by xpert11]

new topics

top topics

join