It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Electromagnetic terrorism or High Power Microwave HPM-weapons

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2003 @ 10:53 AM
link   
" Cyberwar attack of electromagnetic type against electronic/computer installation, is intended to cause denial of service for short or long periods of time. Some reports from Europe and the US suggest that IT electromagnetic attack is beginning to occur.

Most military programs are classified and the general public knows little concerning their nature but as the technology becomes available to criminals and terrorists, it may be directly applied to the infrastructure elements of our society. This includes financial institutions, aircraft, security, medical, automotive and other critical equipment used everyday in our society.

An important criteria for a cyber-terrorist would be that any of the parts and materials used would have to be those that could be easily found in any city and were not traceable by conventional counter-terrorist agencies such as the local police and insurance investigators.

From unclassified sources, we know that a lot of nations are well ahead in this field. With the size of a small briefcase, the generator could be placed very close to target system, like a computer at a desk. 1995 saw the first known use of HPM technology by subversives. Chechnyan rebels used HPM to defeat a Russian security system and gain access to a controlled area.

Having determined that we are at risk from electromagnetic attack, we must then determine what the likely style of IW-attack will be.

High Power Microwave HPM-weapons of conventional type is a narrow band system and generate extremely high powered (gigawatts) RF sine wave at some given frequency, most often to cause a target system (computer) to burn out.

Ultra Wide Band UWB-weapons generate a much wider band of frequencies than do HPM sources (narrow band) and thus ensure that some energy is at a frequency to efficiently couple to the computer system. "

LIKE COLIN POWELL, I've just made a COPY/PASTE from : www.eme.se... (but me, I cite my sources
!)

[Edited on 9-2-2003 by Nans DESMICHELS]

posted on Feb, 9 2003 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I hate to say it, but microwave disruption of electronic telecommunications is just the tip of the iceberg. I have posted several times so far regarding exactly what will happen in a full scale conflict where HAARP or other scalar weapons will be used. Do a google search on HAARP, see what I mean.

Mindsnapper mode is far more lethal than nukes.

posted on Feb, 9 2003 @ 11:41 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 9 2003 @ 12:15 PM
link   
You can also search about : TESLA, SARYSHAGAN, EMP, ECM, ELF and VLF

Originally posted by dragonrider
I hate to say it, but microwave disruption of electronic telecommunications is just the tip of the iceberg. I have posted several times so far regarding exactly what will happen in a full scale conflict where HAARP or other scalar weapons will be used. Do a google search on HAARP, see what I mean.

Mindsnapper mode is far more lethal than nukes.

new topics

top topics

join