It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glenn Beck: The Letter

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Democrat, Republican, independent, libertarian. Understand this. We don't care. Political parties are meaningless to us. Patriotic Americans are willing to do right by us and our Constitution and that is all that matters to us now. We are going to fire all of you who abuse power and seek more. It is not your power. It is ours and we want it back. We entrusted you with it and you abused it. You are dishonorable. You are dishonest. As Americans we are ashamed of you. You have brought shame to us. If you are not representing the wants and needs of your constituency loudly and consistently, in spite of the objections of your party, you will be fired. Did you hear? We no longer care about your political parties. You need to be loyal to us, not to them. Because we will get you fired and they will not save you. If you do or can represent me, my issues, my views, please stand up. Make your identity known. You need to make some noise about it. Speak up. I need to know who you are. If you do not speak up, you will be herded out with the rest of the sheep and we will replace the whole damn congress if need be one by one. We are coming. Are we coming for you? Who do you represent? What do you represent? Listen. Because we are coming. We the people are coming.

Read the whole letter here:

www.glennbeck.com...

She, like many others, is the giant slowly awakening. The reckoning is coming for those politicians who continue to turn their backs on our voices and our will.

We all know that there are very few, if any, politicians in D.C. that truly put "we the people" front and center. She is speaking for many and she is calling them out.

She's sounding a rally cry that millions of people will gather for.

The fat cats on the hill better sit up and pay attention because their political careers are destined for failure if they don't.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
It is time to create and grow a true third political party in America. A party committed to the US Constitutional principles and Founding Fathers' intents.

We have become polarized by political parties. Conservative/liberal, Republican/Democratic.

Who cares!

I care about legislative bills signed into law that adhere to our US Constitution.

Nothing else matters. No other talking-heads' opinions are worthy.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by MOFreemason

I agree. I'm inclined to believe now that a third party is not out of the realm of possibility. They need to be sent the message that we are many and they are few.

Abide by what we want, not what they think we need.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Before I moved over here to Germany, there was a political party back in Florida that I heard about. It's called the "America First" party. I really liked the name. They stood for a lot of things that people here on ATS do. Perhaps people should look into it and start a branch [I guess it's called?] in their state.

I too agree that America has become too polarized and is blindly following Rs and Ds. That needs to stop. It gets know where. It's good to see though that people are waking up. Perhaps true change will come in 2010/12.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Awesome letter indeed, thank you for posting it.

I'm so tempted to sign the "petition", but I can't help but think it's just going to put me on some list that Rupert Murdoch is compiling. Same reason I didn't email my picture to Glenn Beck for his "We Surround Them" show.

Guess this is sort of a catch-22...

Edited to add:

I too agree that America has become too polarized and is blindly following Rs and Ds.

Too true, octotom. My own mother told me that when she voted, she pushed one button that instantly selected all Ds. I could not believe that.

[edit on 6/17/2009 by eMachine]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by octotom

Is this what your talking about?

The central focus of the America First Party is to put America and all Americans First. We will elect candidates who will restore morality, ethics, and common sense to public service. We will return our Constitution to its proper place in our Republic.

Linky

[edit on 17-6-2009 by Digital_Reality]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Digital_Reality

Yes, that indeed does seem to be it.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by eMachine

My own mother told me that when she voted, she pushed one button that instantly selected all Ds

I guess that makes things more convenient! Did your mom want that to happen?

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I have always wanted to start the no party , party.

It would be a non party, it would have no name.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I'm glad that Glenn Beck is out there. He realizes the need to let the silent majority have their say because what we have to say is important. This lady summed up everything relevant in our current situation and her letter needs to be sent to every politician in D.C.

If enough Americans follow her example, they will get the message and they will heed it or we will see them out the door.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by amatrine

I heard someone mention an unrepresented awakening. I rather think a name like the Unrepresented Party would be a no-brainer attracting the er, unrepresented in droves.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by amatrine

I like this idea. It reminds me of the protesters, protesting the protesters.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
That is an awsome letter.

I just signed the petition. Thanks for posting it.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   

She wasn't offered the option to vote for either/or? This is very interesting to me. What state was this in, if you don't mind me asking?

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Lerxst

You're welcome. I thought the letter hammered home what many of us are thinking. I've been inspired to write my own letter. Consequences be damned. I don't care if I get put on a list or not. I'm sick of treading lightly for fear of being called a racist, terrorist or whatever catch phrase they come up with next.

edit to add I signed the petition too.

[edit on 6/17/2009 by soldiermom]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by octotom

My own mother told me that when she voted, she pushed one button that instantly selected all Ds

I guess that makes things more convenient! Did your mom want that to happen?

Yep, she fully intended to do so. She's not much for independent/critical thinking and I doubt she even knew anything about the Ds or Rs running for office locally.

I couldn't even believe that was an option on the electronic voting machines... I was surprised they had them in a town with a population of less than 200 people to begin with.

Apathy is a HUGE problem, but it does seem as if more people are showing interest in our corrupt system of government now.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by soldiermom

She wasn't offered the option to vote for either/or? This is very interesting to me. What state was this in, if you don't mind me asking?

Oh, she had the option to vote for each office individually, but once she saw the 'select all' button...

She lives in Pennsylvania. I didn't see her vote of course, but when I asked her who she voted for she informed me about the handy "select all" option on the electronic voting machine.

I've tried to discuss politics and policies with her and my father, but she interrupts with gossip. I've resigned myself to the fact that I just cannot reach her intellectually.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
GB will be talking about this letter on his show today at 5est. I'm not sure if this woman will be on to talk about it or not...but the letter is going to get national airtime.

Really, this letter is nothing better than the countless posts here on ATS. I've made posts just like this letter. Many of us have.

Just thought I'd add...even though it doesn't matter...the woman who wrote this letter said she was a Democrat....well..used to be. Now she's just mad at everyone in our government.

[edit on 17-6-2009 by David9176]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

I heard her on Glenn Beck's radio program this morning. She truly does sound sick and tired, but ready to take on TPTB to help restore America to her former glory.

I have followed many of your posts here and know that you, along with myself and many others, share the same sentiments. I'm glad she had the chance to reach millions of people with her letter through Glenn. If we can't be heard any place other than here, at least she was.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   

I see....not a very picky voter. It's sad but, I'm sure there are many more that are the same way. I have a nagging suspicion that that's why we're stuck with who we have now.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join