It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Letter From Mother Earth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
To each and every one of my children:

I haven't the time to address each of you individually, my apologies as I hate to lump you all in to one category. I do not know what else to do to get through to you. You have not heeded my repeated warnings.

I am very disappointed in some of you. You have each been given a room if you will, some of you have kept your room nice and tidy, others of you have turned your rooms in to garbage heaps. Huge putrid piles. Some of you have taken things from within me and left large gaping holes, and to you children that have used my waters to hide your poisons and filth...shame on you.

Do you think that I can not see...that I can not smell...that I can not feel? I live and breath just as you do. You are killing me. How many times in a day could you give blood before you died? How long could you go without breathing before you died? You are draining the life from me. I feel drained, I am tired and I grow more
weary with each passing day.

I have vomited ash and lava from deep within my gut...I have cried very heavy tears from my soul...I have shook with disgust...I have burned with anger and frozen in pain...yet you persist to abuse me. Have I not sheltered you, fed you and nurtured you? Have I not tried to bless you visually and spiritually? Why do you
insist on neglecting me?

In closing, I have good news and bad news. The good news is... I forgive you. You are my children and I ove you. The bad news is...it is too late to reverse the damage that has been done. I no longer have any control over my functions, as I am old. Forgive me in advance for the things that are to come.

With all of my love,

Mother Earth

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by NathanNewZealand

I am just going to assume that you didn't like this...thats fine with me. I really don't care as you are totally entitled to your own opinion. It was just something of a story...a work of fiction...not meant to be taken personally!

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   
well I enjoyed reading your work. I also wrote of Mother Earth, but for me it came as a form of a dream and not a letter.

Dreams of Her

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by worldwatcher

Thank you! Yours was very beautiful!! Thank you for pointing it out, I truly enjoyed it!!!!

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
That was awesome!

I really like how you used a letter form and portrayed that we now have to deal with the consequences of what we have done.

Very good indeed! I also got a laugh out of how it ended. It reminded me of a old decrepit woman that can't completely control her body anymore. I don't know if that was intended but I admit sometimes my humor is.... well off some.

new topics

top topics

join