It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sea Lion Pups Wash Up Starving

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
SANTA CRUZ -- An overabundance of sea lion pups and an apparent lack of food has local animal rescuers racing to save them.

"We haven't seen anything like this outside of an El NiƱo year," said Shelbi Stoudt of the Marine Mammal Center in Moss Landing...."

www.santacruzsentinel.com...

I ran across a dead pup this morning on the beach. And then I saw the paper.
It seems to go along with all the other strange animal behavior around the globe.
This is so odd, though, they don't usually wash up in these numbers. What could be the cause? I mean starvation would have to mean no fish, but I have heard reports of an abundance of fish in the Monterey Bay this year. (Except for anchovy's)

www.sfgate.com...

The water has jumped nearly 10 degrees. So that explains the anchovy decline.
I'm certainly no expert, but this is odd. I am going to research the behavior of the local whales and dolphins, they seem to predict natural disasters quite well.
Our poor oceans are in a heap of a mess.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I found this article.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by SimpleKnowledge

Great, thanks for that. I will check it out!

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
No problem also Rosalind Peterson was a guest on AJs radio program a while back if i remember correctly.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
We have a pretty hefty sea lion population here, I will keep a watch to see if anything is unusual. I do know that this year, the fishing industry so far is not doing as well as it normally would, and a lot of sports fisherman here are reporting that they arn't catching much salmon.

Same with halibut, but that could change as the summer progresses.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
What a sad story. Please update if you find out anything new. It would be interesting to know why the poor things are starving.

Star and flag!

join