It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Checkpoints

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tiloke

Originally posted by fbnks

A lot of cops and situations I am familiar with bait you into admitting some wrong doing. They need the admission to do anything. You can't be booked for something you don't admit to.

Ummmm, no.

Ummmm, yes.

I've been pulled for the damndest things by a regular city trooper, who will see my nice car and then ask to search it. It happened two times, once in my city, and once in a neighboring city, and I had no records at that time regarding anything illegal.

Of course they never found anything.. but were asking stupid questions, like "Whos car is this?" after giving him my registration and license, and I replied me and my Mother co-own it, see our names there? And he goes, "Oh, your BROTHERS?" and I said no, I dont have a brother, which is true. Eventually he let me go with no tickets, and during the search even had a second officer pull up just to stand there, like they customarily do, or assist in searching, which ive seen them do also.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by runetang

Originally posted by Tiloke

Originally posted by fbnks

A lot of cops and situations I am familiar with bait you into admitting some wrong doing. They need the admission to do anything. You can't be booked for something you don't admit to.

Ummmm, no.

Ummmm, yes.

I've been pulled for the damndest things by a regular city trooper, who will see my nice car and then ask to search it. It happened two times, once in my city, and once in a neighboring city, and I had no records at that time regarding anything illegal.

Of course they never found anything.. but were asking stupid questions, like "Whos car is this?" after giving him my registration and license, and I replied me and my Mother co-own it, see our names there? And he goes, "Oh, your BROTHERS?" and I said no, I dont have a brother, which is true. Eventually he let me go with no tickets, and during the search even had a second officer pull up just to stand there, like they customarily do, or assist in searching, which ive seen them do also.

While you have an interesting story that went nowhere, that has absolutely nothing to do with my quote. You are confusing consent to search with an admission of guilt.

The op said it is not possible to book someone for something they didn't admit to. The jail is full of people who never admitted to anything. The OP is wrong.

[edit on 16-6-2009 by Tiloke]

new topics

<< 1   >>

join