It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fascism is coming back in Italy. Goodbye democracy.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Hello guys, i am not sure if this should go here but well, just move it wherever you feel. I am writing this today because what is happening in my country in the latest weeks is really incredible and there could not be enough words spent to explain you the whole situation but i will try to cut it short and inform you before it will degenerate into some kind of nazi germany or fascist italy of 2nd world war.

Recenty after European elections the PDL the biggest political party here, allied with Lega Nord kinda reconfirmed their political supremacy with around 45% of votes, compared to the last political elections. The prime minister Berlusconi today is also talking with your President Obama. The reason of this victory is mostly caused cause the left wing here is comepltey DEAD and it's representant are even more corrupted and useless than ever. They are all complete idiots and Berlusconi appears as the only option possible to most of the italians. He is also the owner of most of the important televisions and MSM here, including daily magazines, radios etc and he is one of the, or probably THE richest and more powerful "guy" (around 70 years old) here.

Even if there were like a thousand of different things to take care of (such as earthquake, international crisis and such, for example) the first thing they URGED after elections were finished has been to introduce a new law that will basically destroy democracy here doing 3 key things:

- stop any kind of phone interception for any kind of crime without EVIDENT proof of crime. Which is a pure nonsense because if you have already evident proof then you do not need to intercept any suspicious criminal. So if you have a suspect that somebody is commiting a crime police can't do anything. nonsense

- block the freedom to press any article about any crime till the process is not finished. Which means that nobody will never know anything about people committing crimes before like 2-3 years considering how slow they are here on this side. otherwise journalists will risk up to 6 years of jail for each article and the editor would risk to pay up to 500.000 euros. This basically means no journal here will ever publish any embarassing news anymore.

- Each website, including websites as facebook, youtube, blogs, forums etc, will be forced to fix any comment in 48 hours. this apply to different cases from the simple defamation or harsh opinions to apology of crime. It actually say that "each owner of informatic site" will have to fix or delete the comments in 48 hours after being requested or he will risk up to pay 25.000 euro. In other words to cut it short, a website like ATS would receive thousand and thousand of requests such as this and would eventually close or will have to censor most of the posts from people which goes against government for example. They basically want to apply the same laws of the public press to the websites, blogs etc.

These 3 things are essentialy caused by some different reasons such as

- The fact that most politicians are suspected of crimes, corruption, collusion and relations with mafia. Some of them, like 20 are even in our parliment after being in a very advanced stage in process for such kind of crimes. Including of course our prime minister. Consider that most of the parliment is not elected by the people who voted for that guy or that other in their city, but they have been selected at the sole discretion of the secretary of each party. And that's cause of a law they did some years ago that let it possible. the so called, translated in english "porky law", called like this by the same one who did it (a politician from lega nord called calderoli) allies of PDL of course.

- The fact most of these politicians does not want to be monitored because they fear that all their corruption will come out. They point out that they do it for the privacy. But the result of this is that most of the mafia and criminals here will be the first one taking advantage out of it, as there would be no other way to discover their crimes. Add that politicians here are strictly connected to mafia most of the times and you get the whole picture.

- The personal reasons of our prime ministers, that as you all know has been caught to have relationship with an underage girl, that was making parties in his big manor in sardegna, using government flights paid by tax money to bring like 40 models in his last year's eve party (for example), and being involved with the lawyer "Mills" for corruption.

- About the internet thing this is mostly caused by the fact most of the politicians here are either 60 years old and have no idea of what interenet really is or, for another part are just women, in some cases beautiful ones, former actress and other girls that have been selected by the party, not for their skills but solely for their being "good at other things", if you get what i mean.

On top of this Lega Nord also made a law where citizens can group together to found some security groups, for security of cities, called "Ronde". I think it can be tranlsated as "patrol squad" or something. One of these that has been just created is called GNI and is supported by the new born ultranationalist movement.

These guys are indeed also very ridiculous. they use fascist symbols, the hawk, spqr, the solar symbol etc. you can see a video here:

www.youtube.com...

What is really ridiculous is that this guy that claim himself as a patriot and is the founder of this movement/patrol squad also had the italian flag inverted if you look at it.

Fortunately they have been already accused by apology of fascism that is an anti-costitutional thing here in Italy, and now they said they'll change everything, they will change symbols etc. we'll see. But anyway this is a clear sign that the extremist right-wing is growing again. with the exteme victory if more moderate right wing in europe in most of the countries. (also you have seen this happening in other countries like UK for example.

Well i just wanted to inform you more about this.

HOWEVER: The law is still not confirmed and we all hope our republic president will not allow to make it real, just in case senate also will approve it.

I really hope it will not go live because this would mean both the death of democracy, criminalty spreading large and just a step away from internet censorship and totaliarian control.

I can't believe it's happening again in 2009.

[edit on 15-6-2009 by digitalwarrior]

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
some pics of the "Ronde Nere" - Black Squads

www.corriere.it...

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 15-6-2009 by digitalwarrior]

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by digitalwarrior

Hey, I feel for you! =( -

One of my best friends is Italian and both she and her husband keep me updated about how things are developing there.

They used to travel back and forth from my country to their homeland- that's how we met. But, the thing is, they have witnessed all the "metamorphosis" in time. It's very sad.

The biggest problem is the corruption. Berlusconi the best option? X_X

There had been an important manifestation in Rome some months ago- what do you know about this?

Anyway, will keep an eye on this thread.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by plutoxgirl
reply to post by digitalwarrior

Hey, I feel for you! =( -

One of my best friends is Italian and both she and her husband keep me updated about how things are developing there.

They used to travel back and forth from my country to their homeland- that's how we met. But, the thing is, they have witnessed all the "metamorphosis" in time. It's very sad.

The biggest problem is the corruption. Berlusconi the best option? X_X

There had been an important manifestation in Rome some months ago- what do you know about this?

Anyway, will keep an eye on this thread.

well that was just a way to point out how bad is the situation...it's the best of the VERY worst in the eyes of italians, even cause the other parties get so low exposure and got such a small support of votes that most of them could not get any REAL weight. So in the EU parliament they are even more useless in representation. Consider that around 10-13% is made of so small political parties that are all divided and could not reach the 4% at all and then they didn't get ANY representant at all. So basically even if the 55% of people is AGAINST the right wing as a whole, he is getting confirmed and confirmed each time... terrible.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Berlusconi is nothing but a fat greedy pedo. Blair wouldn't be seen dead with him as the british people know exactly what he is, like most italians he has zero class, if it wasn't for fat americans buying up any designer label from italy in a vain attempt to get some european class, italy would be known as the peasant of europe.
Me and my mates used to love ibiza, until we made the fatal error of getting late deals in august, big mistake as the island fills with mouthy italians in that month.
I'm a firm believer in a country getting the govt it deserves and in this case italy has always deserved berlusconi.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by digitalwarrior
3 key things:

- stop any kind of phone interception for any kind of crime without EVIDENT proof of crime. Which is a pure nonsense because if you have already evident proof then you do not need to intercept any suspicious criminal. So if you have a suspect that somebody is commiting a crime police can't do anything. nonsense

- block the freedom to press any article about any crime till the process is not finished. Which means that nobody will never know anything about people committing crimes before like 2-3 years considering how slow they are here on this side. otherwise journalists will risk up to 6 years of jail for each article and the editor would risk to pay up to 500.000 euros. This basically means no journal here will ever publish any embarassing news anymore.

- Each website, including websites as facebook, youtube, blogs, forums etc, will be forced to fix any comment in 48 hours. this apply to different cases from the simple defamation or harsh opinions to apology of crime. It actually say that "each owner of informatic site" will have to fix or delete the comments in 48 hours after being requested or he will risk up to pay 25.000 euro. In other words to cut it short, a website like ATS would receive thousand and thousand of requests such as this and would eventually close or will have to censor most of the posts from people which goes against government for example. They basically want to apply the same laws of the public press to the websites, blogs etc.

Well the phone tapping is understandable and has positive points as well.
Instead of the police being allowed to tap anyones phone, now they have to go through procedure and give reason as to why they want to tap a phone. This could present them with further leads for other crimes, ones that the criminal/suspect is also guilty and could put them away for longer.

As for how they require 48 hours for anything to be changed on a site is a tall order and one that is difficult to enforce outside of Italy, and nigh impossible to enforce outside the EU. Let say for example, if a Russian website claimed a spurious story about the president, I dont think any amount of legal threats will work. If they cant enforce Russia, then this will create problems with other countries who would hold up Russia as an example. Also in America I am under the impression that a recent legal decision regarding a poke at a celeb was backed by the courts as they're in the public domain thus open to (can't remember the exact wording or which celeb) but an American lawyer would hold up this as an example with the correct name, article and celebrity

The 2nd point is a cause of concern, but would help with defendents who are cleared of all charges against them (no matter how corrupt they are). Would you like your name, and family probably dragged through the media gutter, only to be cleared of all charges at the end? Is this a good reason? Of course not. Media censorship is always a cloak under which you can hide all manner of things.

It is vitally important that you understand that I'm neither agreeing or disagreeing with the Italian government, but trying to present two sides of the argument. Sorry about the article, but I remember hearing it on the radio and cant seem to find it anywhere.

new topics

top topics

join