It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

self regulating..Like survivor

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Due to the influx of members that are blatently being banned then regenerating themselves as a new member,and some it seems carry more than one screen name at a time,just to carry out an agenda..

This leaves me to bring an idea to the table..

Is there any way we could possibly be able to self regulate members?..Meaning if a member gets X amount of ''marks'' against them but still fall within the scope of the T&C's,even though it is blatently obvious they are skating their way around them..The mods hands are tied,and must let the member continue there mis-doings..

After X amount of ''marks'' or de-merites the members profile is forwarded to several Mods or even seasoned members for reveiw..

After re-veiw they have the choice of banning the member..

This is a way to keep the trolls at bay,that have learned there way around the T&C's of only one ID or screen name..

I love this site but it is time I think of a new way to get rid of the garbage..

What say you ATS

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Agreed. This could also be accomplished by allowing negative stars instead of just positive stars...

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Although it's not done by any kind of 'marks,' there already is a segment of the T&C's which cover what you are referring to- those who don't specifically commit T&C violations but are known to consistently be disruptive and walk a thin line without crossing over. It's known as the community management clause:

8) Right of Community Management This is a privately owned discussion board community. The Owners and senior moderator staff reserve the right to take action against any member who is deemed to be devoted purely to disruption, whose actions represent behavior contrary to community building, or whose content is contrary to the core ideals of AboveTopSecret.com. This action may include complete banning of your username and IP address.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

We also have an automatic post ban feature put in place once a member receives 5 warns in close proximity. But as for actual account reviews for problem members, that is up to the staff only.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Redpillblues
Due to the influx of members that are blatently being banned then regenerating themselves as a new member,and some it seems carry more than one screen name at a time,just to carry out an agenda..

Hey, you can't create a site as interesting and amazing and addicting as this one, and then expect banned people to never cool their jets and find their way back!

But yeah I hear what you're saying, and I too am loathe to see people bending and breaking the rules, exploiting loopholes, abusing the system and just generally getting away with way too many shenanigans.

Unfortunately, people like this are everywhere. You can't get away from them! Every workplace, every social hangout..... Sometimes you just have to fight fire with fire, use their own tactics against them, you know?

top topics

join