It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists predict greater longevity for planets with life

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 05:05 AM
link   
In a billion years!!

the last para says

"It didn't take very long to produce life on the planet, but it takes a very long time to develop advanced life," says Yung. On Earth, this process took four billion years. "Adding an additional billion years gives us more time to develop, and more time to encounter advanced civilizations, whose own existence might be prolonged by this mechanism. It gives us a chance to meet."

So at least they seem to take it as granted there is advanced life out there - and this in a physics website.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by johnb

Um, cite your source please?

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Omg - of course physicists believe in ET life - its basically a certainty. The issue has never been "Is there Et life" But is there intelligent ET life that we might come into contact with at this time.

I always thought it was incredibly unlikely that we would contact an Et life at this early stage - because the main signal that might be detected would be our nuclear blasts from mid 1940's. That would mean our signal sphere would only have extended about 60 light years - not many stars inside that radius - and then they have to detect it and come visit.

I've since come to the conclusion that billion yr old civilizations would have likely seeded a lot of planets in their galaxy - I think its most likely that our planet was either directly created or seeded by ET's - they know about us, and have all along. SO any signal we send is superfluous - they were already here.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Yeah, we kind of need a source less this thread be locked or something, you know?

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Heres a whole bunch of sources on Google.

Heres the top; Scientists predict greater longevity for planets with life

Cheers,

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Thanks Majorion, I thought I had posted link.

Amagnon i totally agree, I think we were evolving quite nicely and slowly then were probably engineered by beings from off world into the modern homosapien for whatever reason although I suspect slave labour as I can't think of any other plausible reason.

it also ties in with the fact their are missing links, most religions have us being created and there are many other ancient texts that talking about creation being a mixing of clay and the breathing of life into us. I keep on looking, just started reading the Urantia Papers (well I've downloaded it) and Indaba My children (African Tribal Lore) at the mo' which sets out to educate the white man about African history and motivation as well giving insight into tribal history.

top topics

join