It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EPA Weighs Farting Cow Tax

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Are you kidding me?......you're kidding , right?

Not so fast.....

Source

The Environmental Protection Agency doesn't want to tax you, but it does want to levy a tax on the amount of gas livestock produce. Carol Williams and her husband Everett have about 1,200 cows at their Morgan County farm. Those cows pass a lot of gas. “I think there's been some studies done. Don't remember the figures. said Everett Williams. I mean some of these girls are pretty good size girls,” Carol Williams. The methane gas released by livestock affects the atmosphere. The EPA's idea is to tax each dairy cow $175 a year and each beef cow $80 for the pleasure. The cows won't pay, but the Williams will. “About $150,000 a year. Basically it would put me out of business,” said Everett Williams.

Has anyone by chance read "Unintended Consequences"? I think it's time for a party...

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by RolandBrichter

Carol Browner has been trying to get this passed for 12 years now and I guess her vegan buddies are going to get their wish to basically outlaw meat through the 'Back Door' so to speak!
John Ross would love this. He should write a new book on the enviro-nazis and bring back our hero to take them on!!

Zindo

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

Wow I hope this is not true. If so, I guess they are going to keep poking at us with a stick until we bite.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Personally i think its a load of bull# (pun intended)

new topics

top topics

join