It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should we infect ourselves with H1N1 -NOW- to save us from the mutated version down the road?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Something tells me the only folks left standing after this pandemic will be those who got it in the early days and had built up some defences to it. To the 'experts' on ATS Is there anything historical to suggest this could be the case. I can't say I'll go find someone who has it and infect myself, but I have thought now would be the best window to get it while it is still mild.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I'm not an expert on medical issues but on a news show yesterday, a doctor said it wouldn't be wise to purposely catch the flu to try and strengthen your immunity to further mutations.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by contemplator

I'm not an expert either, but I thought that's how flu vaccines were created in the first place ...

That is to say they include a small dose of the strain as part of the formula.

I guess what you are suggesting here is the equivalent of parents taking their children to chicken pox parties. I think you'll find H1N1, like all influenza mutations, is way to virulent, contagious, and dangerous, to do embrace such a strategy.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Looks like they are having swine flu parties in Australia. eeek

top topics

join