It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could America see a "Reign of Terror" ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I've been reading a bit about the Reign of Terror following the French Revolution. Of course, while that particular horror is paradigmatic and in many ways the first of its kind (at least in modern history), similar excesses have been known in other times and places throughout history.

While many would no doubt root for a "TSHTF" scenario or some other form of rather violent, radical populist revolt, history teaches that such events tend to leave an a number of unfortunately bloodsoaked trails of slime.

I wonder if the US could ever see anything similar, theoretically speaking?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c97320cb5202.png[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

There is an overwhelming sense of entitlement in those who have power in America. It is like the miscreants of the Boleshevic revolution ,the French revolution,and the Spanish inquistion all combined with no purpose other than tyranny. Religious and athiestic tyrants have joined ranks. It is very frightening to behold.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   

I think it could happen and would most likely happen along political party lines.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Already happened. We seen that movie.
I think it was called "W" or something....

Not sure which "terrorists" won though,
I think the jury's still out on that one....

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

I think it could happen and would most likely happen along political party lines.

There will be no uprising. The people are in no position to revolt. The best the people can do is support the victims. If I had done to orphans, poor people , and young girls what the people in charge of the government have done, I would move to another planet ; I do not know how those people can stand themselves. The sooner the miscreants on top turn on each other the better. I bet those who are religious tyrannts will be stabbed in the back by the pure statists.

[edit on 11-6-2009 by eradown]

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by eradown

Originally posted by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

There will be no uprising. The people are in no position to revolt. The best the people can do is support the victims. If I had done to orphans, poor people , and young girls what the people in charge of the government have done, I would move to another planet ; I do not know how those people can stand themselves. The sooner the miscreants on top turn on each other the better. I bet those who are religious tyrannts will be stabbed in the back by the pure statists.

[edit on 11-6-2009 by eradown]

The classic mistake of counterrevolutionary forces through the millenia has been to take this or similar attutudes. This is straight out of the George III playbook, people, for what it's worth.

new topics

top topics

join