It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Goodbye, lenin :

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I saw this german movie this weekend, and it's one of the best movies I've seen since a long time. It's a little bit like "Am�lie from Montmartre", with a lot of nostalgy, but it's also really funny sometime, almost when Alex, a young eastern german, try to hide the fall of the Berlin to his mother, issuing from 8 mounth of coma.

If you can find a DVD or VDO tape of this movie, watch it ! Almost if you are too young to remeber this great History days, when the communist system falled...

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 02:45 PM
link   
A great movie!
I saw it in the weekend as well

You can imagine that being the dream of East Germans, that the west were fleeing there for their society, instead of having East Germany sold to the west by Russia.

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Sure, that's probably the only one event I would like to live in the past century. This must be so exciting, to discover freedom to speach and to move, like you want.

But the idea of the movie, the communism nostalgy, is a reality. That's why in eastern europe countries, communist party still make big scores at the elections.

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 01:21 AM
link   
I saw the Movie 3 times I laugh everytime, Also i remeber being a kid when I would go on summer vacation to Berlin my uncle lived on the westside and standing by the wall and seeing those peering eyes of the eastside troops in their towers.

join