It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: It's OK to borrow to pay for health care

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Obama: It's OK to borrow to pay for health care

news.yahoo.com

WASHINGTON – President Barack Obama on Tuesday proposed budget rules that would allow Congress to borrow tens of billions of dollars and put the nation deeper in debt to jump-start the administration's emerging health care overhaul.

It would carve out about $2.5 trillion worth of exemptions for Obama's priorities over the next decade. His health care reform plan also would get a green light to run big deficits in its early years.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 02:55 AM
link   
My question is where would they come up with money to cover this in the long run. The more they do stuff like this the more they are running the dollar right into the ground. When they do that, the less the other countries are going to buy our bonds to back our debts. China ( the biggest buyer of out debt) has come out and said that they are slowing down in buying our bonds because they are becoming worthless. If they don't come up with it, they are going to cut a lot of programs.

It seems like this is going to do more harm than good. We need to have better financial planning and money management.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 03:17 AM
link   
I'm getting feelings for this like I am israel wise.

Obama just go ahead and do it and get it over with, screw us completely over, and be done with it, this, let's drag it out for a long time then let it happen is getting old. Just Nuke the USA and we'll start over hopefully.

I swear if he says one thing about the Bush defecit, I will literally implode on myself, and that black hole will be believable unlike CERN's!

Maybe debt is the new fad, well im off to go get credit cards max them out and not pay them, because, that's what a true american does, just trying to do the best for my country!

new topics

join