It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did you hear? ATS is now dull and boring!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I'm really not quite sure what happened. One day I had 8,000 or so points then the next day I get a dreary dulled out little icon that says "FLAG CONTRIBUTION LEVEL".

I am by trade what some may consider an artist. As an artist I am a very visual person and I like lots of colors. They make my life happy. Some people get turned on by AK-47's while others get excited about reptilian shape shifters sabotaging Disney world. However, I, am simply quite happy in my own little world (they know me here) with a color wheel.

I am not so happy now my brightly colored points are but a distant memory having been replaced by the dull and the drab. It kind of reminds me of the dull dreary tunnels three miles beneath the surface that allow the ancients to travel back and forth beneath the planet ( don't ask me how I know the tunnels are dull and dreary as I am sworn to a secret oath I had to take naked beneath a statue of a burning owl"

So before a moderator zaps this thread I plead with you to understand that this thread denies ignorance and fights disinfo as it is directly related to current events in our little part of the word called "Above top secret world"

This is a plea, ok maybe I can beg a little bit, well at least maybe it's a bit funny, Brighten up my world ATS members flag my thread and bring color back into my world. I would hate to try and explain to my shrink that I have all of a sudden sank into a deep state of depression because my world lacks the vibrancy of all the beautiful colors in a Crayola box.

If you also suffer at the hands of the lack of color and need inspiration simply reply to my thread and I'll flag you too. For in the spirit of political correctness I would really hate for anyone to be left out and feel bad about themselves because they are also colorless.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 07:30 AM
link   
You are that upset over the points banner leaving? Forgive the words but it seems like you might be upset because people can't see your point level. Regardless, if it is actually color you want, redesign your avatar and make it bigger. That blasts color all over and it's fun for us to look at as well. You are an artist so I can't imagine it being difficult to do so.

However, if that loss of a few pixels that resemble a bar disturbs you that much then I am not sure what to say about it.

Frankly I think it's that it is gone. It's nice to not stare at the point value and have people thinking 'Well I have 12,000 points! I rule!'

Note...I didn't say that was you...just a few that I have seen who have this idea that because they've been here longer they are magically better than you...

but that is for a whole other post which I am not starting as it is pointless

-Kyo

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I certainly understand where you are coming from. To be honest I liked being able to see the points right there in my avatar as well.

For what it is worth though you can still see your points in all there colorful glory. You just have to go to your profile. There you can see them on your avatar, but only there.

Here you go!

Hopefully that will add a little color to your day!

Peace and love!

[edit on 10-6-2009 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Don't get me wrong. Personally I really don't care about the points and I know I have far fewer and contibute much less than some of our esteemed associated here. It's not about how long you have been here or how many points you have it's about the quality of the postings.

This one was meant in humor I'm sorry that some do not see it that way. Regardless I still wouldn't mind a few flags so help me out.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by photobug

It's not about how long you have been here or how many points you have it's about the quality of the postings.

Seems true. There's a difference between popular topics and topics of substance.

Notice how 'bashing' topics generate a lot more interest than topics about love and acceptance.

Not saying that 'bashing' topics are useless. They may actually be of equal importance when posters reason out what makes things wrong and not and agrees at one point.

top topics

join