It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Look what the dog brought in: US hand grenade

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Look what the dog brought in: US hand grenade

news.yahoo.com

BERLIN (AFP) – A dog out on a walk happened upon a live US grenade from World War II and eagerly delivered it to his master, police said Monday, but authorities were able to defuse the explosive before it went off.

A 40-year-old woman had let the dog off its leash near a stream on a walk Sunday on the outskirts of the town of Erkrath in western Germany's Neander Valley.

The animal found the grenade on the ground, picked it up in its jaws and trotted back to its owner.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Boy oh boy! some soldier has misplaced a few grenades, luckily this dog found them, live and in tact! I love dogs their great companions, loyal, protective, and from time to time they bring you some nice surprises! like live hand grenades, dead rabbits, birds and the occasional would be burglary suspect! so this story goes to show us that the next time we witness our k-9 companions discretely gnawing on some unknown object in the corner.....ya better check it out...LOL

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Oh man. Good job on the lady for turning it in.

I probably would have found something to throw it at.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by mattifikation

Ya me too! I had some buddy's while I was in the Army that stole some grenade sims and made a pretty big ruckus with them in their hometown's but real one's.... defiantly and old refrigerator and a vacant field come to mind

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 02:42 AM
link   
It's a good thing the dog found the grenade, some child might have found them. I am glad this went without indecent. I bet it was pretty scary when fido comes runnin' to his master with a live grenade in his mouth.

new topics

top topics

join