It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Feel Like A Hamster, Do You?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
My home is menagerie of critters, one of which is a hamster. The other night, I truly for the first time watched the little guy and realized that we have a lot in common.
Hear me out ...
He is in a big cage. He gets up, eats and gets a drink, then its off to the big wheel, where he runs and runs and runs and never really gets anywhere, at the end of the day all he gets is tired. Then, he repeats.
He relies on me to feed and take care of his needs, sort of like I do my employer. He relies on me for affection, like I do my spouse. The comparison may not set well with some psychologically, but think about it how true it is! Do any of you feel like a hamster in a big cage with a wheel, running for your life only to find that you haven't gone anywhere!
I wonder if he ever longs for freedom like I do!

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
No, I feel more like an Armadillo. Nice and comfortable in my shell.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Greenize

I sometimes feel like a bird in my dreams because so many of them have me flying like a bird, or kinda floating like a glider.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I'm feeling very lemming-ish.
Obama is leading us off a big cliff!

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Actually... I feel like a Rabbit.

Seriously though, you can join the ranks of millions of people around the world who feel like they are either in a rut in their lives OR are experiencing Deja Vu.... except being damned to continue the repeat of events or situations.

Dos Pesos

Dave

EDIT: Wrong Word

[edit on 6/5/2009 by Dave Rabbit]

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Dave Rabbit

Haha, feel's like an episode of Pokemon in here.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I feel like no particular animal, however I do feel as though I am in a cage. Like a restless lion at the zoo, pacing from one side to the other repeatedly, slowly going insane.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Just to add, my life is a happy one, just that it seems at times like its the same routine day after day after day...with the economy the way it is, it really feels like I am running farther and harder than ever before and yet I am falling way behind the pack!

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Greenize

As long as we are either judging others, or in want with unmet desires, yes, we all in that cage running the wheel I think.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I feel like a squirrel. I hunker down when it's nasty out unless I feel like going out because I know where to get all the best nuts since no one else is out. Plus my wife says I am a hoarder. But look at all these nuts!

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I feel like a lonely Eagle soaring the skies looking down on all the turkey's.

I don't feel caged basically, i let my delusions of grandeur set me free

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I always thought of it as the carrot on the stick analogy,get up go to work hurry up get home so I can get to bed so I can get some sleep so I can get up and go to work etc.and all the while thinking next week will be better.And everyday I get a little older. so in answer to your question YES!

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Lol...I breed rodents myself and that means I have a lot of hamsters in my home.

I also came to the conclusion that our lifes aren't that different. Same routine, same dependence...

Also something else I noticed... If you give your critters a little treat, they will put it somewhere underneath the wood shavings..than later on they dig it up and are all excited to find that same treat again... It reminds me of us as humans. We always get excited over the same stuff while it is actually nothing new..

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Funnily enough, only yesterday I was asked to take a test to prove that I am not, in fact, a potato.
I've never felt much like a spud, but apparently someone thought I did, lol.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 04:35 AM
link   
I particularly do not feel like a hamster, but I see many hamsters around everyday. And it's so weird that I have shared the exact same analogy with some friends.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 06:06 AM
link   
I am a 'hampster' farmer. Budski is one of my lil' guys (I have a few here who I think of as my hampsters .. but they are unaware of it). Instead of stepping on the little critter, every so often I give him a carrot and a pat on the head. Every so often he nips the hand that feeds him.

I have considered some folks here to be like hamsters for some time now - so I find this thread rather interesting. Hampsters - little rodents that get under foot but that are so gosh darn cute that you can't help but pick them up, pat them on the head, and give them carrots - instead of stepping on them and squashing them between your toes.

[edit on 6/6/2009 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 06:31 AM
link   
I feel like a SMURF! - smurfing around and smurfing smurf all day long!

Politicians are the biggest smurfers though! - never heard such much smurfish smurf as they can smurf!

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   
It's true...

I am FF's hamster.

So lovely and fluffy that FF feeds me carrots...

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I feel like a god that has the keys to the universe inside himself.

new topics

top topics

join