It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Handguns Will Be Allowed in Tennessee Bars and Restaurants

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Handguns will be permitted in bars and restaurants in Tennessee starting next month after a new law was passed — but many venue owners plan to ignore it.

The law, which takes effect July 14, comes after state legislators voted to override the governor's veto.

The legislation retains an existing ban on consuming alcohol while carrying a handgun, and restaurant owners can still opt to ban weapons from their establishments

Link

This is a blow to those gun control freaks. The only thing they need to control is the criminals.

[edit on 5-6-2009 by Alien Mind]

[edit on 5-6-2009 by Alien Mind]

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Thats crazy, i imagine fatalities in pubs across the area is gonna skyrocket.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
From what I have read, there are many stipulations on this, like if you even have one drink, it voids your right to carry.

On the bright side, now I can shoot all the a holes that spill beer on me or hits on my wife!

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by MR BOB

Why?

Dont tell me it's because a gun in a bar is more likely to go off. We can carry in bars and restaurants here. I can't recall the last time anyone was shot in either.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Of course bar and restaurant owners don't like it, I wouldn't either. It's bad for business. This has nothing to do with the right to bear arms, it's just ridiculous and unnecessary legislation.

This is how they get you to cut your own throats people!

Peace

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

That's a little weak for an argument considering owners still have the right to ban weapons in their establishments.

and before anyone comes back with.. "but it will be bad if they are forced to say no weapons, it will keep the gun folks out, hurting their business"..

I have this to say- those of us that cherish the right to carry and protect also cherish the right of others to do what they want on their property..

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by blind.face
I have this to say- those of us that cherish the right to carry and protect also cherish the right of others to do what they want on their property..

Look, I'm all for you cherishing your right to bear arms, but this isn't Tombstone circa Wyatt Earp.

Edit to add: Understand the game that's being played here. Think with your head and not your heart.

Peace

[edit on 5-6-2009 by Dr Love]

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love

Originally posted by blind.face

Look, I'm all for you cherishing your right to bear arms, but this isn't Tombstone circa Wyatt Earp.

Peace

I understand and respect that, and I have no doubt that you are all for me cherishing my rights, I'm sure you do the same. The point of the whole gun argument (for me) comes down to the simple fact that I will never allow laws to tell me when, where and how I can protect my right to live.

If I am not infringing on another person's rights, I am afforded all of mine.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by blind.face

Fair enough and I respect that. That being said, this is a Pandora's box that, when opened, will actually lead to more gun restriction, bet on it!

'They' want that Pandora's box opened up.

Peace

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

That, my friend, is something that we can agree to strongly agree on.

peace indeed.

new topics

top topics

join