It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Project Natal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I thought this was just amazing. It reminds me a lot of the A.I. "Claire" from Resident Evil... Anyway, I didn't see it posted in the Science & Technology section, and felt it was a real leap in the artificial intelligence field.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
All I can say is WOW. I can only imagine what this will be like in 10 years. Everyone will have their own A.I. personal assistant.

until its able to learn on its own and decides that humans must go lol

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Wow, it is amazing what can be accomplished in our time! I'd be kinda scared to get too attatched to the character on the screen. I wonder if this ever comes out, do you have to pick a Milo or someone else. All I can say is "cool!"

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 03:23 AM
link   
You know what else is pretty interesting, is the new PS3 motion controller:

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Avarus

Hi guys, a friend of my just sent me an email and it had a youtube link and when i clicked on it it was freaking amazing (since i own an xbox360).
I had no idea what it meant until saw and read about it on this thread.

Project Natal xbox 360
i just had to come here and see if its no joke...

i think it could be great for gaming just like wii except no remotes
am so psyched for it, i cant wait!!!

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I was just thinking how realistic things could get if they incorporate this sort of technology with the Project Natal.
www.youtube.com...

If you wait long enough, he will demonstrate. Basically, it senses where the two infrared points are, and the screen mimics a 3d window into space. If the same rules are applied to Natal, then we have a psudo3d environment, based on the camera's calculation on where your head is located in the room. So with natal, you could experience 3d without glasses or wires or attachments!

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
lol, that isn't a leap into AI at all. It's programmed to say those things. People need to get a clue what real AI is, this isn't anywhere close.

But I do look forward to what they can do with this for gaming. I'd love to play a game where you have to actually kick or punch enemies instead of pushing buttons. I really want an mmorpg that uses some of this technology. WoW for example, since everyone knows that game, I'd love to actually move my shield to block a physical attack or use a shield to block a fire spell. It'd add a whole different experience besides just stats.

Or even with the Wii, having an actual sword. A thin sword might be able to move faster, so the enemy couldn't dodge as well. A larger sword could react slower, but cause more damage. If you were in a group, the larger sword would probably be better, since an enemy couldn't block 2 or more people's attack ect. It would make things a little more dynamic.

[edit on 6-6-2009 by ghaleon12]

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ghaleon12

You may be right, but it is an important invention. And it's defiantly a leap towards total immersion gaming. The reason I say it is related to AI, is because the hardware can recognize your face and your expressions/body language nearly instantly. This is essential for a true artificially intelligent computer to interact with humans effectively.

top topics

join