It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First Time Voter! (UK)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
It was my first time voting today and before I even got into the voting venue people were shouting vote BNP! That made me think what kind of area am I living in... I am actually shocked, however this was not the first time! A neighbour of mine who I thought I new so well also said to vote for them!

Obviously I am not going to tell you who I voted for but for a first time voter I am going to choose anything other than this party!

I can successfully say that it was not a nice experience for a first time voter!

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Interesting you should say this. i recently moved to essex well anyways today i had a meeting at the RAF recruitment offices in holborn on way back i had to pass through epping, While i was on the bus a BNP land rover drove past with banners and loudspeakers shouting vote BNP

pretty amazed that they are brave enough to do that.

Also i have seen alot of leaflets and the like about the place ,this is a very racist area and i think with alot of people being pissed off with the current gov the BNP might actaully have a chance of gaining some area's

What you think?

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Reminds me of 1939 Germany, when the Government has failed it is time for the Fascists to come in and mop up the angry and the bitter. This could be a major embarasment for our country as they have the biggest chance every of winning a good couple of seats or , shudders to think, a majority
Do not underestimate the racism and hatred that is infecting the country at the moment.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Vote for the UKIP (united kingdom independance party) The european union is bad news.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I think there is something going on with the BNP! The leaflet is extremely racist if you have seen it?

SOMEONE LOOK AT THE PLANE:

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reading
Interesting you should say this. i recently moved to essex well anyways today i had a meeting at the RAF recruitment offices in holborn on way back i had to pass through epping, While i was on the bus a BNP land rover drove past with banners and loudspeakers shouting vote BNP

pretty amazed that they are brave enough to do that.

Also i have seen alot of leaflets and the like about the place ,this is a very racist area and i think with alot of people being pissed off with the current gov the BNP might actaully have a chance of gaining some area's

What you think?

I live in Essex too, and this is true to an extent, in my town there are a few pubs, where the number of skinheads and union flags on display, mean it's probably not wise to drink there if you don't hold those views. I worked in local government, and many of the middle aged people there, especially the women were quite bigoted. We have numerous UKIP signs around my estate. and had the BNP canvassing and dropping leaflets. My mother says at her workplace, everyone there was voting UKIP or BNP. Holding views along these lines seems quite common in Essex, at least in the middle aged and older. Even many people I know more my age (20s) are casually racist. In part I put it down to the fact that there are very few non-whites in my area, so people don't know many non-white people, and just accept the stereotypes they are fed.

[edit on 5-6-2009 by jimminycricket]

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by The Shade

There are many millions of people around the world who do not enjoy the right to vote.

And as you have the ability to vote, we also enjoy the right to have a huge right of parties wanting our vote, and we and them are free to express our views.

And parties exist when there are people who are receptive to the message they have.

top topics

join