It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian police arrest 104 in "Satanist" party bust"!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Party was for sucking-blood, drinking alcohol: Authorities - Iranian police arrest 104 in "Satanist" party bust

TEHRAN (AlArabiya.net, AFP)

Iran has arrested more than 100 "Satan-worshippers" in a raid on a concert in the southern city of Shiraz where people were drinking alcohol and "sucking blood," a newspaper reported on Wednesday.

"One hundred and four members of a Satan-worshipping group were arrested at a party and immoral concert in Shiraz (on Sunday)," local Revolutionary Guards chief Abbas Hamidi was quoted as saying by Jam-e Jam newspaper.

"The session was held in a garden outside Shiraz and the Satanist ceremony was broadcast live to the world via the Internet," he said, adding the arrest was made by members of the Islamist Basij militia linked to the Guards.

"These people drank alcohol, hurt themselves and sucked blood," Hamidi said. "They even bow to Satan in some ceremonies."

Iranian authorities sometimes link hard rock and heavy metal music and their icons with devil worship. Alcohol is banned in the Islamic republic.

Jam-e Jam carried pictures of drum sets and amplifiers seized in the raid and a group of young men photographed after the arrest sitting on the floor of an official-looking building with their backs to the camera.

It said some of the detainees sported tattoos and body art resembling the wings of birds and car emblems.

Hamidi said Basij intelligence forces operating under the Revolutionary Guards had put "foreign-linked groups and their venues" under surveillance for a year before making Sunday's arrests.

Over the past two years Iranian police and security officials have warned against the emergence of "Satanist" cults accused of corrupting the young, amid a tough nationwide crackdown on "unIslamic" attire and behavior.

In September 2008, a senior police chief said members of the so-called cults would wear "broken-cross and skeleton necklaces and rings, drink alcohol and dance in their ceremonies."

"They believe they should defy religions, especially Islam, do as they want and drag the world into anarchy," deputy police chief Hossein Zolfaghari said.

In 2007 police arrested 230 people in a raid on an illegal indie rock concert in a garden near Tehran and several reports branded the party-goers as Satan-worshippers.

www.alarabiya.net...

I think it's great to see that they have a heavy metal community even in Iran.

As a matter of fact! the heavy metal scene has been growing a lot these last years in the middle east.

There's a lot of new band's and a huge fan base of heavy metal music in many Arabian countries.

Sadly for them! they are also great threat to the 'muslims power that be', so the authorities in these countries feels threatened about these new youth movements that they can't control and are now calling them morally corrupt!

Of course! for the muslim leaders they must be a nightmare!...but!...

Are these young headbangers in Iran soo morally corrupt? or do they need our moral support so thay can spread their music further inside of the muslim world?

I can see the headlines of the future: Heavy Metal is corrupting our youth, Iranian leaders blames Ozzy Osbourne and Metallica!

Poor Iranian Kidz!

IMHO! I say: Rock On! Iran!

[edit on 2-6-2009 by Chevalerous]

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
"These people drank alcohol, hurt themselves and sucked blood," Hamidi said.

It said some of the detainees sported tattoos and body art resembling the wings of birds and car emblems.

Sounds like my wrestling days.

These Iranians need to get a grip and let people be what they want to be.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

Yeah just like in the land of the free rite?

Where parties routinely get busted because people are consuming a prohibited substance, because music is too loud and even in some cases because someone reports 'satanic activity'

This story wouldn't even be #that# shocking if it was from my neck of the woods, liberal ol' europe - sure complaining about someones choice of makeup or dress sense is no longer fashionable but yet my friend with a iron bar in his nose is always told to take it out for job interviews, etc and has been turned down from jobs on the basis of it (including one job he was the only applicant)

so before all your mental patriots go crazy waving your flags and pointing out the speck of dust in Irans eyes why not stop and consider the plank in your own!

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Actually I do tend to agree with you.
No matter where anyone is people will always try to hold YOU accountable for THEIR opinions.
No matter where this happens I am not shocked at all.
The world is full of people trying to hold others back because of their views.

Edit to add....star from me for pointing out my ignorance.
Another edit....I am Canadian not American.

[edit on 2-6-2009 by DrumsRfun]

[edit on 2-6-2009 by DrumsRfun]

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Well I feel sorry for all the great Iranian people a especially the young people there!

No boze, no parties and dancing, no satellite TV, no heavy metal!

The younger Iranians seems really cool though! and they do a lot of what western kids do, but they have to do it in the shadows and in underground movements & places!

These people really need a regime change, that's true!

But that change has to come from the Iranian people themselves - and not from some violent western intervention!

But we should do what we can to support them for a regime change!

Have you guys talked with some of the Iranian people on the net?

I have recently talked with some cool artists in the 3D animation business, and they have a very western mind - almost like any of us here in the western world!

But then OTOH you also have the other and the more fanatical side of the society to deal with!

Anyway! I wish the cool (headbanger) side of the Iranian people the best!

[edit on 2-6-2009 by Chevalerous]

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
haha Keep rocking Iran.

Alien Mind

top topics

join