It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Construction Crew Severs Secret ‘Black Line’ - Men in black show up

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   

A construction crew working on an office building in Virginia in 2000 severed a fiber optic cable that wasn’t on anyone’s map. Apparently it was a ‘black line’ used for carrying secret intelligence data, according to sources who spoke recently with the Washington Post.

Within minutes of cutting the cable, three black SUV’s pulled up carrying men in suits who complained that their line was severed.

www.wired.com...

Whoa! This is like something out of a movie.

“The construction manager was shocked,” a worker told the Washington Post. “He had never seen a line get cut and people show up within seconds. Usually you’ve got to figure out whose line it is. To garner that kind of response that quickly was amazing.”

Makes you wonder...how closely the construction work was being monitored in order for the men in black to show up so fast. Or maybe they had an office close by?

[edit on 1-6-2009 by warrenb]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
So now everybody knows where at least one secret communications line is? I personally dont think it was THAT important due to the fact that now everybody and their mother knows the general vicinity of the line and can possibly interfere, sever, or listen to any data transmitted.

The prompt response is very unusual though. Even at my work, who is contracted by the state, if we have a communications problem it still takes quite some time to get somebody to actually fix it. Usually we just switch to a failover line until everything is back to normal.

Although, I would love to see what kind of data is flowing through them fibers.

[edit on 6/1/2009 by deadline527]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Woah! That is spooky!! 3 minutes? thats amazing......

I wonder if it really was the Men In Black?? Also, what the heck was so important for them to respond so quickly?...

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   

it was a ‘black line’ used for carrying secret intelligence data

A bit speculative, but very interesting never the less! How apropriate is it that the line is black!

-E-

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by deadline527

Well, it did say the office for the director of the OSI was in the neighborhood. It would be nice if they had had a chance to put in an electronic fiber repeater while doing the repair so that they could intercept the traffic. Otherwise, there's no way they would be able to "listen" on the fiber. I imagine they were being closely supervised, though... shame.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadline527
So now everybody knows where at least one secret communications line is? I personally dont think it was THAT important due to the fact that now everybody and their mother knows the general vicinity of the line and can possibly interfere, sever, or listen to any data transmitted.

ok i asked my grandmother, she said she doesnt know what we are talking about

also, could you show me EXACTLY where this line is??

Oh you cant? Why? Maybe because almost Nobody knows ?

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Sounds like either someone didn't do they homework or this story is made up,if it were an important cable line,for one would have colored sand surrounding it,and 2 most secure or main trunks are incased with concrete,story sounds fishy,I have a hard time believing this

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Any good computer admin knows immediately when his internet goes down.
If our t-1 went down at my old job I knew instantly. And about 10-30 seconds later the phone calls would come in asking if we were down. I would then go outside to then see if AT&T was outside breaking stuff.

3 minute response time means that someone knew they were working there. And they were also close by. A minute or two away at the most.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Being in the telecommunications business for 20+ years, I have to call bullhocky on someone showing up 3 minutes after a fiber was cut. Simply does not happen that fast.

Mysterious unmarked cable... mysterious men in SUV's.

The only real mystery here is why any one would believe it.

A great hoax always contains elements that sound somewhat plausible, but always are unverifiable.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
And within a few more minutes, it was on ATS.....

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
And the funniest thing is, this 'incident' happened in 2000. Why wait 9 years to write a story about it?

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Choronzon
And within a few more minutes, it was on ATS.....

that's because that line was from the aliens that feeds directly into ATS...hey!!! we have REAL connections here!!!

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
thank you for the post, kind of late... this took place in 2000. but I bet the line is still there... men in black showed up huh.... cools... we know how to summon them...

6 chain saws ... is all that is needed to hose the whole area.

[edit on 2-6-2009 by BornPatriot]

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Being as I am one of the Men in Black, I have to verify this story is made up. Everyone knows we don't use cable lines. We have High tech supersonic GPS enabled chips implanted in our brains that enable us to send high frequency brain waves carrying all our secret information. JEEZ. LOL

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oldtimer2
Sounds like either someone didn't do they homework or this story is made up, if it were an important cable line,for one would have colored sand surrounding it,and 2 most secure or main trunks are incased with concrete,story sounds fishy,I have a hard time believing this

Very good point Amigo, It was my first impression also. Having worked on the fiber optics for the US under gound system put in by Level One communications, I can tell you they knew and know of every special cable there is that would or could be used in such a manner!

Zindo

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I don't know where you got the "3 minutes" from. It's "3 SUVs" "within minutes". Could be 10 or 15 minutes, which wouldn't be so impressive.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by RickinVa

If the story is real, it's real spooky. When a line is cut, it usually takes a relatively long time to find the break. Well, for normal technology it does.

That's what gets me about the story. They found the location of the break real fast.

top topics

join