It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Analyzing negative photography in astronomy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
This might be a dumb question, but; Does NASA or any other space gazing entity utilize the study of the Negative of the film of which the intergalactic images are collected on? Maybe we could set up a time Lapse type imaging device and after we study the visible spectrum we could possibly reverse the colors with in the image to their negative and study the movement of the Unseen or possibly even DARK MATTER or possibly even a web of Black Holes or even dark strings or who knows what...

Let us inspect one giga-trilli-micro secton of the sky for one milli-killo-sub moment in time

EAGLE NEBULA
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/eb3169695ae9.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 31-5-2009 by drsmooth23]

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   
This following is an INVERTED image of a SNAPSHOT of the Eagle Nebula, Which accounts for 0.000>0.0000>0.000001 PERCENT of the visual night sky at any given second.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/69a4518487df.jpg[/atsimg]

Maybe after looking at the negatives we could use a waveform monitor or even drop the images to black and white so we can study the top lines and the bottom lines of the visual spectrum, which we in the TV industry refer to as blacker than black, and whiter than white

[edit on 1-6-2009 by drsmooth23]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by drsmooth23

Dark matter is theoretically invisible. What is invisible can't become visible even if you look at the negatives - if they still use negatives especially the Hubble Space Telescope because they are now using digital image processing much like your common digital camera.

Say if you 'catch' an invisible dark matter on film against the black of space, it will appear black, you won't see it in the positive image. Look at the negative image, it will appear white but still indistinguishable. And since white is a 'false color', then white is really black, still invisible..

However, it might be able to watch things like nebula or even stars move, like time lapse you mentioned. It might range from days to a thousand years to even watch something move depending on what you are looking at.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by ahnggk

yeah i was laying in bed last night and that thought crossed my mind. Black hole entropy even eats the shadows i guess.

However, i have noticed that "digitizing" a picture can add to MASSIVE amounts of data loss if you are using a subpar compression rate.

For instance, I Used (MS PAINT?!) to invert the second picture, and it really bastardizes the images. Each time you save the file it loses something like 1/5th of its original data via compression. This is why its important to use the cleanest and freshest images possible

The time lapse could be nice but most Observatories are only in the first 3 inches of a hundred meter dash, cosmically speaking, that is.

[edit on 1-6-2009 by drsmooth23]

top topics

join