It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Survival food tabs. A must have.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Hello my fellow ATSers. I wanted to post this thread about survival food tabs. They are great. They cost a pretty penny at up to 30 dollars per bottle but they can be life savers. I recently did my own study on them. For 10 days straight I ate nothing but these tabs, Those and plenty of water. I went an entire 10 days with absolutely nothing to eat but these, I ate 12 a day, I was still hungry, but not starving, I never lost any strength, I never got fatigued, never tired, I did however lose 11 lbs. But I had a few to lose anywase. They come in two flavors, chocolate and vanilla and they taste great, I think chocolate tastes a bit better but that may just be me. Anywase if you haven't heard of these go to their website and check them out. Im also posting some info on them direct from their website. There are 180 per container and the shelf life is 10 years.
www.survivaltabs.com...

SURVIVAL TABS are intended for those emergency conditions where a person must travel light and live on whatever food they can actually carry with them for weeks or even months at a time. Twelve tabs per day supply a considerable portion of the calorie requirements of an active adult. It may be assumed that if the person living on them is required to "hole up", their energy requirement will be considerable reduced. When traveling across country, it may be assumed that at least some other food will be found occasionally. Survival Tabs eliminate the risk or wasted time that might be required to actually hunt for food or go out of one's way to obtain it.

With most food products, 30 to 60 percent of the theoretical calorie content leaves the body unused. Survival Tabs are so completely digestible that 99% of their calorie content can be actually utilized for energy and 97% of the protein is actually available for repair or replacement of essential body substances such as blood, muscle, nerves, etc. Twelve Survival Tabs per day provide more than enough protein so sustain essential body tissues.

By placing one Survival Tab in the mouth every hour or so and letting it dissolve slowly during a 15 minute period of time, assimilation of all nutrients will be maximized and appetite will be fully satisfied.

The Survival Tabs container is of such size and shape as to fit and be carried within a regular G.I. canteen pouch. The small empty space under the lid of this container is filled with and extra plastic bag. If and extra water canteen is needed, the Survival Tabs can be poured out into the plastic bag and be carried in a pocket or backpack while the container is used as a canteen.

There have been several individuals who have lived on a diet of Survival Food Tabs exclusively for 4-5 months. This was done out of necessity, because of their inability to eat or keep down any other foods.

In controlled studies which we have conducted, we've found that when living on a diet of Survival Food Tabs exclusively, one loses from 5-8 lbs. the first week. This is mainly due to the emptying of the intestines of all food previously eaten. After the first week, there is a leveling off and a minimum weight loss of 0-2 lbs. per week. This is in consideration of a normal active daily routine.

The Survival Food Tabs provide greatly larger amounts of calories and nutrition than any other product available. The high caloric content, combined with a carefully balanced amount of all the essential nutrients, provides a "state of the art" product as far as survival rations are concerned.

The Survival Food Tabs are presently marketed to the pilots, yachtsmen and other outdoorsmen, who use them as emergency food rations, as well as an energy pick-up food supplement. They are also popular with long-distance truck drivers who don't want to stop to eat.

Survival Food Tabs are a perfect lightweight, emergency food ration for use in survival kits - and a vast improvement over candies and other quick-energy "fixes" that are currently used.

This is a true "survival food" that will keep you alive and moving for months on the amount you can carry in your own pack.

[edit on 30-5-2009 by tac109]

Mod Note: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on Wed Jun 3 2009 by Jbird]

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 01:35 AM
link   
That sounds interesting.
Can't imagine having to replace 3 meals a day with these but even 2 and a normal meal in emergency situations would help, I'd imagine.

Any links?Or isn't it allowed??

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Very good thread. I have been deciding on whether I should get some of these for my Bug Out Bag. You have convinced me with your personal test of them.

mmm mm Chocolate.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   
You have to be carefull however. These tabs which are intensly calorie rich can make you sick if used long term. For short term needs however they are quick, and have relativly long shelf life

The concept has been around for centuries BTW and its old name was Pemmican. Its basically meat and fat

Traditionally pemmican was prepared from the lean meat of large game such as buffalo, elk or deer. The meat was cut in thin slices and dried over a slow fire, or in the hot sun until it was hard and brittle. Then it was pounded into very small pieces, almost powder-like in consistency, using stones. The pounded meat was mixed with melted fat with a ratio of approximately 50% pounded meat and 50% melted fat. In some cases, dried fruits such as saskatoon berries, cranberries, blueberries, or choke cherries were pounded into powder and then added to the meat/fat mixture. The resulting mixture was then packed into "green" rawhide pouches for storage.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Flighty

Yes. when other food is available the number of tabs can be reduced. If no food is available then 12 tabs a day will keep you alive.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Interesting post about food tablets.

I never thought about food tablets being for sale here on ATS.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Thanks for the info. I will definitely be ordering a couple of bottles to have on hand for the family, 'Just in Case'!

[edit on 30/5/09 by spirit_horse]

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 03:55 AM
link   
For the record. Im not selling anything. Im not involved with the company in any way. Im just a fan of this product. It's kind of hard to post about a certain product without sounding like your getting a kick back. This happens to be a great survival item. I thought that maybe somebody out there might not know about this and would appreciate the knowledge.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 07:20 AM
link   
So what makes this different than say, some sort of dried meat or jerky?

What are the ingredients?

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by FrankWhite222
So what makes this different than say, some sort of dried meat or jerky?

What are the ingredients?

Do not buy or rely on these tabs they are snake oil equivelent marketing gimmick setup by people looking to profit off of peoples desire to be prepared and survival mentality.

Again do not fall victim to this product scam, they are not effective at providing sustenance this is a marketing scam.

INGREDIENTS: NON-FAT DRY MILK SOLIDS, SUCROSE, VEGETABLE OILS (INCLUDING SUNFLOWER AND/OR SAFFLOWER OIL), CALCIUM PHOSPHATE, ASCORBIC ACID, VITAMIN E ACETATE, NIACINAMIDE, FERROUS FUMARATE, ZINC GLUCONATE, NATURAL AND ARTIFICIAL FLAVORS, CALCIUM PANTOTHENATE, POTASSIUM PYRIDOXINE HYDROCHLORIDE, RIBOFLAVIN, THIAMIN HUDROCHLORIDE, VITAMIN A PALMITATE, VITAMIN D3, FOLIC ACID, POTASSIUM IODIDE, CYANOCOBALAMIN.

it is just basically malt milk powder. Dont fall victim you will suffer greatly if you ever actually od need them.

Look at thier proclamations they provide no proof just repeating some word of mouth story. This company should be taken down for try to scam people, Survival Food tabs are a scam.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Desolate Cancer

Very interesting, I have not heard this side before. I have not had any problems with them in the 10 days I used them. So what are you saying? From what I can tell your claiming that their lying, that they dont do anything they claim to do? I really do wanna know more. I hope your just not some health nut who thinks a cheese burger will kill a man.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by tac109

I am exercise but am hardly health nut, in fact i eat fast food a couple times a week and went on a chipotle binge eating it 5x a week on average for 10 months straight . I am actively looking for good survival foods.

My point is that this product is nothing more than a marketing gimmick just like you see on many infomercials or in the lower ranks from snake oil salesmen touting wondrous tonics.

This product looking at its ingredients seems to be nothing more than malt mix with some added vitamins and minerals.

For its price it is a ripoff. if you want something 10x better go with the datrex food bar.

They have a lot more nutrition and sustenance and are easy to carry.

When I see snake oil sales companies and companies looking to scam individuals by playing to their fears/wants i try to warn people especially since Im a huge believer in 100% free market economics

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   

I checked out the datrex bars, those seem pretty cool, and really cheap, Im gonna pick up some of those, As far as the survival food tabs go Im gonna do some more research on them, They are expensive but are they just a big fake or do the do anything for you in a survival situation?

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by tac109

I mean the food tabs are food. But think about it like this, 250 calories or so is what 12 pills offer normal people not doing anything extreme need 2,000 calories so these provide little over 1/10 of what you need.

They would be good in addition to mre meals or datrex bars but on thier own you will be in bad shape. Why bother getting them as an emergency ration when there are so many much better choices, right?

I mean you are smart and preparing your options now why go with something that is more money provides less sustenance and nutrition for not any more convienence.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Those datrex bars look disgusting. They look like plywood.

I pack snickers marathon bars. High calorie, high vitamin, good taste, low volume, light weight, long shelf life. The protein bars are excellent.

--------

I'm editing this post to add something about that. I actually eat those bars on a semi-regular basis. It's important that your "survival food" be stuff that your body is used to digesting, otherwise you're not going to get the most energy and nutrition out of the food as possible. And in a worst-case scenario, depending on your body's personal adaptability, you could end up giving yourself an upset stomach or diarrhea.

Diarrhea in a dragged-out, collapsed society survival situation such as the Katrina aftermath *will kill you.*

[edit on 4-6-2009 by mattifikation]

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Those would help in an emergency, nothing more. The human body needs fiber in your diet to remain fully healthy. Your weight loss while taking them shows they are not a good alternative to food. You weren't getting the required nutrients your body needs. You need more than just vitamins and minerals to survive. With proper caloric intake you will not lose weight, you will maintain your weight at it's current level.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 07:15 AM
link   
I have some issues with these tablets. Firstly the idea they contain a considerable amount of your caloric needs. Secondly they state you may lose 5-8lbs in the first week due to the emptying of your intestines. This is absolute nonsense. The intestines empty themselves very completely every 1-2 days in a healthy individual. Even if you eat a large meal you will only have maybe 3 lbs in you.

I think these are nothing more than glorified vitamin tablets. You would do better to pick up some half decent vitamins, which can be purchased a tiny price and a load of high calorie foods like nuts, chocolate or something else.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I have a supply of emergency lifeboat rations very similar to the datrex bars.

Ocean Safety Food Rations

They're meant for people who are stuck at sea, but I'd imagine you could use them in a sitx situation just as well.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Agree, that a person has to discern the quality of the product they're stocking up. I used to use these years ago when I was on detail as a first responder at various events. They sustain you, along with copious amounts of water.

We have a short case of these -- haven't used them recently, even when we went through Hurricane Paloma and the aftermath. They do have a great shelf life, and very portable. In 2004, when our country seat was hit by Hurricane Ivan, m'darlin' and I were mobilized and ready to travel to there. Water becomes the most difficult thing to provide for, especially in a situation where most primary water is contaminated.

I think they're a good thing to have. Agree that in spite of claims made, they'd be hard on our systems to use for more than a short time.

Our strategy isn't to bug out, unless a short-term to a cave for hurricane, EMP, tsunami, cern event, etc. etc.

Ours are from campingsurvival.com.

NUTRITION FACTS
Calories 240
Calories from Fat 108
Total Fat 12g, 18% Daily Value
Saturated Fat 3g, 15% Daily Value
Cholesterol 3g, 1% Daily Value
Sodium 140mg, 6% Daily Value
Total Carbohydrates 30g, 10% Daily Value
Dietary Fiber 0g
Sugars 12g
Protein 4g
Vitamin A 100%
Vitamin C 100%
Calcium 20%
Iron 100%
Thiamin (B1) 100%
Riboflavin (B2) 100%
Niacin 100%
Vitamin D 100%
Vitamin E 100%
Pyridoxine HCL (B6) 100%
Folic Acid 100%
Vitamin B12 100%
Phosphorous 10%
Iodine 100%
Pantotyhenic Acid (B5) 100%
Zinc 100%
Manganese 100%

*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2.000 calories diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.

top topics

join