It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Significance of the number 23?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Not saying I am special or anything. But, after talking with my sister, it got me thinking. What is so strange about my situation?

My birthday is Oct. 23, but wait. All three of my kids were born on the 23rd. Not only that, my expecting baby has a due date of Dec. 23

So it is:

Me: Oct. 23

Oldest Son: Sep. 23
2nd Oldest: Mar. 23
3rd Oldest: Aug. 23
New Baby: Due Date - Dec. 23

Is there any significance to the number 23?

*Also, I heard there were once 23 books in Revelations, anyone has any information on this, I have been searching and searching.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I don't think it's significant, just very lucky.

Also, there are only 22 chapters (the Bible is divided into books, and books into chapters) in Revelation, not 23. If there were 23, it would just be a coincidence.

Fun fact: the odds of your children's birthdays (not counting the due date or leap years) all being on the same day (assuming it's random) is 1 out of 17 748 900 625 (assuming my math is correct, and it might not be. 365 times 365 times 365 times 365, right?).

[edit on 30-5-2009 by Totakeke]

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Totakeke

Fun fact: the odds of your children's birthdays (not counting the due date or leap years) all being on the same day (assuming it's random) is 1 out of 17 748 900 625 (assuming my math is correct, and it might not be. 365 times 365 times 365 times 365, right?).

Thanks for the fun fact, I never heard of this one before!

Also, there are only 22 chapters (the Bible is divided into books, and books into chapters) in Revelation, not 23. If there were 23, it would just be a coincidence.

I don't want to turn this into a bible thread. But, I've heard that in the ancient bible it has the 23rd chapter, as well as the lines in Chapter 22 it shows it goes onto another chapter? Just something I've looked around the internet.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76
Not saying I am special or anything. But, after talking with my sister, it got me thinking. What is so strange about my situation?

My birthday is Oct. 23, but wait. All three of my kids were born on the 23rd. Not only that, my expecting baby has a due date of Dec. 23

So it is:

Me: Oct. 23

Oldest Son: Sep. 23
2nd Oldest: Mar. 23
3rd Oldest: Aug. 23
New Baby: Due Date - Dec. 23

Is there any significance to the number 23?

*Also, I heard there were once 23 books in Revelations, anyone has any information on this, I have been searching and searching.

I was born on the 23rd too -
and i dunno .. in answer to the meaning

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

Hey. In the occult, the number 23 is linked to some old but not too powerful stuff, and to newer very powerful stuff.

Look at ways your destiny may be tied to tearing down the old structures and systems, and bring new life and vitality into things. You may be an agent of powerful change, whether you know it or not.

new topics

top topics

join