It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm sick of these threads on North Korea!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Here we go again people where everyone posts hundreds of threads on dumb news that will never get anywhere. It's just benefiting the media outlets when fear mongering continues.

Remember Swine Flu? Remember my thread on how our minds manipulates our reality?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The media's attention on Swine Flu went down, and what happened? People stopped caring about the flu, and look at it now, the flu cases are under 15,000. So people all worried for absolutely no reason.

Now we have the North Korea fear mongering, and once again they are trying to use us to manipulate our reality by thinking WW3 is about to start.

We all need to take a breath, and turn the news off.

NOTHING is going to happen.

Remember Gaza and Israel? Everyone thought (including me at the time) that we were about to have another major war. NOTHING happened.

No Israeli criminals were sent to prison. The international community did nothing. Iran did nothing, etc.

Now North Korea is what the media is using to fear monger, and once again, NOTHING will happen.

So stop with the fear mongering.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I must agree. I've posted heaps on North Korea and am just sick to death of the subject now. Just like swine flu. Couldn't we have a separate forum for North Korea please mods?

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Well this is ATS after all, so what did you expect? If you have seen this kind of trend set in the past, just look past it and don't click on the North Korea threads that's all. Not trying to be harsh here but arn't you perpetuating the "North Korea" thread wildfire by starting this thread? Just relax it'll pass in due time. Best wishes.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Like the boy who cried wolf.....or tiger, whichever one.

Eventually it's going to happen, it's mighty ignorant to think nothing is going to happen ever, at any time anywhere. Its called Pre-9.11 mentality.

Where you think (I presume from the US) nothing can happen to this country, we are superman on steriods. Or Lew Ferigno..... same thing, both afraid of kryptonite..

People on this site just like to stay aware of whats going on globally, fear mongering is when you decide to let it enable fear inside of you, news is when you look at the facts and decide a RATIONAL thought of what the outcome will be.

N. Korea could be the missing link between the world just exploding and harmony, or not, but hey, I'm here cause I like to speculate on what the future will bring, not scare the bajesus out of people.

My three cents.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I do agree with your sentiments but the amount of threads aren't about to wane, it's only just started.

Having said that, I feel the North Korean threat is very real. Nothing concrete yet obviously but the increase of activity we're seeing is unprecedented.

Be alert not alarmed.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
As a current source of doom North Korea is very interesting...

They are one of the Axis of Evil

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I'm not talking about pre 9/11 mentality, but the need for the human brain to focus on new ideas continusly to remain healthy.

I also believe that something big will happen on the Korean peninsula.

Does it show that I'm jaded now that I just don't want to care until it starts happening in a big way? I've never been one to watch the pre-game warm up.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I both agree and disagree. Yes, N.Korea is using the media as a gateway to make more of a social attack rather then a physical attack. What I disagree with is "nothing will happen". Something will happen, it's bound too! But I don't believe N.Korea will be the first to move.

Another country, will be the first to make physical contact. Whether it be from Asia or the rest of the world. I believe this because the rest of the world is becoming annoyed and frustrated with the N.Korean government. And what happens when you are sick of the driver in front of you? Road Rage!

I personally would hate to see a war erupt, because it is always the innocent that get hurt. Usually the civilians. But at this brink of time, it is looking more and more possible.

[edit on 29-5-2009 by Piranha]

[edit on 29-5-2009 by Piranha]

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
If there wasn't a buzz all about the internet and news, then what did North Korea spend all that money on that launch for?

As far as I am concerned, N. Korea is trying to be taken seriously/demonstrate and sell a new weapons technology (my money on the latter being more the 'goal').

Every few years they either make a 'surprise' test, or launch a missle into the ocean. The media focuses on the ratings, which translates into ridiculous and often baseless claims/information. We all freak out for a few days, the story runs it's course and a few talking heads get something to talk about until next time.

It's the great cycle of life: Network News.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by bobbylove321

I agree, the whole North Korea thing crops up every 3-4 years, same old thing happens, and 3-4 years later it happens again. They just need to put a cap in the guy, and call it a day.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 01:53 AM
link   
North Korea is the biggest thing going on in the news. The country very strongly insists to the few outsiders who visit that the two countries will be united and North Korea does not necessarily mean using peaceful means. Therefore everyone in North Korea probably is looking forward to be united.

I'd be surprised if a full assault is not launched by one of the two sides in the next 24 months. When it does happen it will be a very serious tragedy and you are either underestimating how likely it is to happen or how bad things will get if it does happen.

In my opinion the chances of the two uniting in the next twenty years are basically zero, but the chances they will go to war in the next few months are really high.

If I was in the position of South Korea I would prefer to have a 1/5th chance of dying now and just go ahead and attack the North, rather than wait for North Korea to fully develop their nukes and increase that chance to more like 1/3 or even 1/2.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by bobbylove321

Remember Gaza and Israel? Everyone thought (including me at the time) that we were about to have another major war. NOTHING happened.

I do remember that, innocent men and women and children were butchered...jah, nothing happened.

I understand your cynicism, I have some myself, I am tired of all the wars and rumors of wars, but let's not forget who we are, and who is dying.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 03:24 AM
link   
For what it's worth; My friend in south-eastern Wisconsin contacted me yesterday, Friday 29th, and said that all the military choppers weren't flying that day. Instead, they were flying many F16's F22's and C130 transports. He said the F16's were flying really low... I would presume 1000', but since he's close to a military base (FEMA Camp
they may fly even lower.

That's strange to me because we rarely have chopper flights around here... yesterday I counted 3-4. When the 4th one flew what sounded really low, I went out to look. It wasn't low, it was a really loud military chopper about 3000' heading due north. We have nothing out here that goes due north. most roads angle etc. Granted they may have been looking for me, I don't know.

My friend is having issues with all the increased air traffic in his area, what with N.Korea panties all bunched up. He's putting two and two together.

I usually notice when things are irregular. Do you?

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Personally I'm sick of hearing about Michael Jackson... Not that his departure isn't sad and too soon... I just believe there are more pressing issues to flood the headlines with.

top topics

join