It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ManhattanHenge

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
This is for all of you NYC ATSers. Take some cool pics and let us know just how spectacular it is tomorrow:

ManhattanHenge

For Manhattan, a place where evening matters more than morning, that special day comes on Saturday, May 30th this year, one of only two occasions when the Sun sets in exact alignment with the Manhattan grid, fully illuminating every single cross-street for the last fifteen minutes of daylight. The other day is Sunday, July 12th. These two days give you a photogenic view with half the Sun above and half the Sun below the horizon—on the grid. The day after May 30th (Sunday, May 31), and the day before July 12 (Saturday, July 11) will also give you Manhattanhenge moments, but instead you will see the entire ball of the Sun on the horizon—on the grid. My personal preference is the half-Sun.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Very cool, hopefully there will be some pretty interesting photos come up after this,

If your in the area ket your camera out lol,

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 06:14 AM
link   
It's friggin annoying going down broadway to have the sun glaring in your eyes every block as it sets, and the polluted air over New Jersey magnifies its rays, so its extra bad. Getting rid of Jersey could solve the madder though.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I posted a thread about this in Current Events, in it are some pictures from years past. I haven't found any from this year, but then again it's also been a few days since I've looked.

Pictures here

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Sorry OP, a miss post. Please delete this mods. Thank you!

[edit on 2-6-2009 by dodadoom]

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Get your lawn chair out on 42nd street for a full day of Sun.

Keeps you out of those dark places.

top topics

join