It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How is your work place coping?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
my work place is in a country club in Boca Raton Fl.......so basically all clients are old/elderly

this "season" Nov-April actually held up well.......the stock market fell at the beginnng of the "season" but most kept up doing what they always had......i would guess that more people may have had their money in conservative bonds? (instead of stocks...or just deeper pockets) b/c a couple other (younger)country clubs in the area were down nearly 20% of seasonal revenue's (Personal training)....

I'm concerned about the upcoming season because i think that while the Stock market (which most people seem to follow as a gauge for economic health) may be able to float thru summer and 2'nd Q earings.....(possibly even float higher ).....i think the S4IT will hit the fan when 4'th Q earnings (which are "Forecast" to RAMP up tremendously) Crap the bed .........(3Q) earnings may also be a bit less than anticipated so the fall could happen a bit earlier (like OCT instead of DEC).....i have been harping about 3'rd and 4'th Q earnings FOREVER.....cause they look Primed to Fail

[edit on 31-5-2009 by cpdaman]

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   
My idiot union forced the company to take money OFF the table two contracts ago. The idiot union then fell on their backs and allowed the company to reduce our retirements by a third this last contract.

At our next contract I expect to see pay & vacation give-backs without a fight.

No one has been laid off yet, because the company used many contractors, they are all gone now.

Journeymen were making $200,000 with overtime, now they are just pulling in their base pay of approx $80,000 and are crying now because they didn't learn to live on their base pay.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I am in the business of high risk loans. We are making a killing. We are down about 10k on our portfolio from last year...but last year was really high due to the oil boom (previously cash and credit constrained consumers who, while still credit constrained, are no long cash constrained).

the only problem is that i hate my job. i only work it because i am a call center manager in a town without a call center (my old one closed due to offshoring of business by T-Mobile). When my oldest son graduates next year, we can move. Until then, i work a crappy job for about 1/2 of what i am worth.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by wookiee
M
Journeymen were making $200,000 with overtime, now they are just pulling in their base pay of approx $80,000 and are crying now because they didn't learn to live on their base pay.

This is the same as a lot of people where I work, they where used to plenty of overtime and bonuses so they classed that into there normal salary.

That is a big mistake, I nearly went down the same path though! I was looking at a flat that costs nearly double what the 1 im living in now costs. Needless to say Im glad I went for this one.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Damien_uk

I work for an oil refinery building company that specializes in modular piping spools, vessels and boilers. So far we have a couple of contracts going (I can't give you to much detail for security reasons) both are nearly complete and there have been talks going around about a third contract.

I figure when the layoff's come the first people to go will be the slackers who show up late or don't come into work with no reason. The second group will be the contractors and third will be the apprentice's like me. So yeah I'm pretty much "Screwed" from now until the end of the month.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join