It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea slams Security Council as hypocrites.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 04:53 AM
link   
' North Korea slams Security Council as hypocrites. '

I'm under the impression the N.Korea is not allowed to play with nukes as other countries. Why is it that only 'Friends' of the leading nations is allowed to defend them selfs?

[url=http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090529/ap_on_re_as/as_koreas_nuclear;_ylt=AocAuPLPKim1N2HI711JseFH2ocA;_ylu=X3o'___'MxczFrYjNrBGFzc2V0Ay9hcC8yMDA5MD UyOS9hcF9vbl9yZV9hcy9hc19rb3JlYXNfbnVjbGVhcgRjcG9zAzUEcG9zAzUEc2VjA3luX3RvcF9zdG9yaWVzBHNsawNub3J0aGtvcmVhc2w-]>> North Korea slams Security Council as hypocrites

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Exactly - we didn't slam sanctions on France, India or Pakistan did we!

Just another case of double standards by those in power for whichever dubious reason they have this time.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by johnb

It is like a 'groupe of friends' , just like in big corperations, you are either afriend of the boss or your not..

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 05:11 AM
link   
uuummm.....perhaps because France, UK, and USA etc. are not constantly amassing troops on their neighbors' borders, and threatening them with annihilation? (Russia-Georgia, being the exception to that rule back in fall of '08, of course.)

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 05:24 AM
link   
sooo......if a group of friends are going on a hunting trip and someone brings along their drunken , angry brother with a past history of violence and instability, it would be safe for him to carry a weapon too?

This guy has more concern with getting nukes, then using the money to feed his starving , literally STARVING, countrymen.

He would rather the people hes suppose to protect die , then to use the money to feed them! You think its ok for this guy to have nukes? If he doesnt care for them, just exactly how responsible do you think hes going to be with weapon that could wipe out hundreds of thousands or more?

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by RisKFactoR

No we don't mass troops we just control the rest of the planet through control of media and money.
Also invaded Iraq, Vietnam, Afghanistan amongst others with ongoing missions in S.America countries and who knows where else.
Remember the West is built on past conquests of other nations across the globe, it took violent revolution to get us out - look at the history.

This does not mean I think it is OK for any state to have nukes - they serve no useful purpose - although some people would/could argue they keep us at peace - I'm not so sure.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by ChemBreather

Yeah! Why not let Iran develop Nuclear weaponry too? Lets sell them some and make some money in the process.
Wait, you think they might attack someone?

No, surely not, whatever gives you that idea?

Can we join the real world for a moment please?
N.Korea is an IRRESPONSIBLE, VIOLENT DICTATORSHIP THAT HAS STATED IT'S INTENTION TO DESTROY SOUTH KOREA!

What part of this is so difficult to understand?

N.Korea chooses to keep their people in poverty while the elite live lives of luxury playing with big, expensive toys which could (read would) be used to destroy another nation.

It's really not that difficult to figure out why they should ever be allowed to develop the ability to strike another nation with a Nuclear weapon.

You'd all soon be screaming about how they were allowed to do it if they hit YOUR country! And as soon as they can shrink a nuke enough to fit on a missile, there will be one aimed at the East coast of the U.S. before you had time to re-think your pathetic strategy of uncontrolled proliferation.

Seriously, some people need to grow up, join in the adult discussion with a sensible attitude based in realistic probabilities based on historical evidence.

The words DENY IGNORANCE never seemed so fitting.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

There is a risk of any Nation with nukes can use them towards another nation, the diffrense is that some are not allowed by those who have nukes to retaliate with nukes if they should ne attacked.

Either all nations remove them , or all nations should be allowed to have them. Im not saying all nation are fitt to have them but not based on what kind of people is in Office.

N Korea is just testing nukes, and the rest of the world goes heyho..

OFCOURSE : No nukes , no nukes , no nukes..

[edit on 29-5-2009 by ChemBreather]

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChemBreather
' North Korea slams Security Council as hypocrites. '

I'm under the impression the N.Korea is not allowed to play with nukes as other countries. Why is it that only 'Friends' of the leading nations is allowed to defend them selfs?

Be careful.. this kind of free thinking could get you in trouble on this website..

I wrote a thread similar to this recently and got raped in it.. For some reason its too hard for most people from a particular country (which will remain nameless) to get their heads around.

IMO.. the West has started this conflict with North Korea.. now we are being conditioned through our media to accept a nuclear first strike on it should the situation arise.

I don't agree with anything to do with North Korea.. but it is being bullied.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Dermo

The west has started this with N Korea? Do you know the history of NK? Are you aware of their past transgressions? I think you nee a bit of a history lesson.

North Korea has been up to their tricks for a long long time, this is by no means recent. You should probably do some research too on their leader, the propaganda they spew, what the government does to its people, and the threats they have made to their neighbors and others.

There are just some things you cant handle with kid gloves. If you are passive with everyone all the time youre gonna get ran over.

Not everyone has to have a reason to be a psycopath

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask
reply to post by Dermo

The west has started this with N Korea? Do you know the history of NK? Are you aware of their past transgressions? I think you nee a bit of a history lesson.

I know my history.. just as a point of fact.. written history is rarely completely true, open and is written by the winners ..

I also know my recent news and we have been antagonizing them for the past year..

Its our fault they are acting like this.. now we are going to use this as an excuse for wiping them out and further "westernizing" the world or creating more ties with former enemies against a new common 'enemy'..

Every country has propaganda of some type.. look at the Rubbish on US/UK/EU/Russian/Chinese news..

But of course.. we, the wealthy are ALWAYS right... and everyone else is always wrong.

There are just some things you cant handle with kid gloves. If you are passive with everyone all the time youre gonna get ran over.

Ok.. Nuke em.. Kill every single one of the commie b@stards.. that will make everyone feel better..

How about ignoring them? Secure the borders around them, take most of the food and clothing sanctions off them and completely ignore them.

Not everyone has to have a reason to be a psycopath

How come that wasn't applied to George Bush?

[edit on 29/5/09 by Dermo]

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

Regardless of their politics, or their leader, the simple fact of the matter is that since the armistice was drawn up at the "end" of the Korean War in 1953 (fifty-six years ago) North Korea has done absolutely nothing in major military terms.

Here...look at this and tell me how many times North Korea comes up in these conflicts, compared with the nuclear powers of the USA, USSR (Russia), Britain, France, China, India, Pakistan and South Africa.

List of Wars 1945-1989

List of wars 1990-2002

List of wars 2003-Present

Here....this one makes it easier....

Wars by Country

[edit on 29/5/09 by neformore]

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Yep because of hollywood, the west is seen as the good guys, but it quite simply is not the case is it.

Nato are really bad news in terms of human rights and war crimes. How they ever speak about those people.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
the west is seen as the good guys, but it quite simply is not the case is it.

Lol Yea, its like that thunderbirds movie.. "America!! Hell Yea!!" while they are smashing up all the other countries

While I agree with our system an awful lot more than the middle east, NK etc, I find it hard to agree with all the crap that is forced on anyone who doesn't agree. Its not so long ago when my country was at the end of that crap.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
they are just showing mussles, dont you think.
After many years of developing this, they must use ..

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by neformore

You do realize that North Korea does border incursions and fires on south Koreans as well as there has been several naval conflicts between the
north and south as well as japan. Just because they have been effectively detained making it difficult for them to to cause trouble doesn't mean they haven't tried.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Isolation for decades has a habit of making countries a tad more crazy and paranoid...of course i can't see into the future.But i think if N.korea was embraced a little more by the world..no sanctions,freedom to travel,trade,business...get their infrastructure up and going.You would slowly see a change i think...not overnight by any means.But i think simply ignoring a country of 25 million people except for the odd occasion they take a tantrum and then threatening to isolate them even more...your just going to keep going round in circles before the inevitable happens..

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Reply to post by detachedindividual

Tent cities,ghettos,the treatment of citizens now their rights are whittled away.The policing of people by,well just search ats.Same with how nice your country is to its south neighbours.Balancing it out intelligently and not with thats worse or not.It still the same.My country is just as bad with things.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

Tell you what - you rack up the body count in dead civilians of all the wars the "established" nuclear powers have been involved in since 1945, and compare it to the body count for those "armed incursions" carried out by North Korea.

Then, to get a little more perspective, have a read of

Nuclear tests by known nuclear countries

Now, as I said before, I'm no fan of the NK's politics, and I'm no fan of anyone having nuclear weapons, but when you look at those figures witha cold and sane eye, you do have to ask what all the fuss is about, and despite the flakiness of the regime in North Korea, you have to admit they do have a point.

top topics

join