It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

French snub British queen, shrug off uproar.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
French snub British queen, shrug off uproar

updated 12:24 p.m. ET May 28, 2009
PARIS - While Britons fumed over a perceived French snub of their queen, the French responded Thursday to the latest cross-Channel spat with a Gallic shrug.

France failed to invite Queen Elizabeth II to Normandy for next month's 65th anniversary of the Allied landings on D-Day, where President Barack Obama is being given the starring role. The diplomatic faux-pas prompted uproar in Britain, which lost thousands at Normandy and across France while helping free the country from the Nazis.

French officials backpedaled Wednesday and said she was welcome to come — but to no avail. The queen said Thursday she would not attend.

"I don't get it, personally," said Guy Briand, browsing the morning papers on a quiet park bench just off the Champs-Elysees, in the shadow of a bronze memorial statue of a stern Sir Winston Churchill. "If she comes or not, it's her problem."

I wonder if this will stop with this, or will it be a huge scenario of 'bad words' between Uk and France.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
what really angers me is the thought of that windsor woman representing
the people of Britain.
Any insults directed at this feudal regime brighten my day.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ho chi minh

She doesn't represent me,i would dissolve the monarchy in a heartbeat if i could.The money from tourists just isn't worth it.

join